Beautiful in the Making: DIY Easter Basket

Hi friends!

Since Easter is right around the corner, we decided to put together a festive project for those of you that have the Cricut Explore with the Anna Griffin Soiree content.

We’ve turned the chain cupcake wrapper into a precious paper Easter basket that’s a perfect tabletop display for your decorated eggs.

easter basket1

Please note: the Soiree artwork will not be available for purchase in Design Space until late May.

Here are the supplies you’ll need for this project:

·         Cricut Explore with Anna Griffin Soiree Content

·         Anna Griffin Cuttlebug Lace Trimmings Folders and Dies: http://bit.ly/1ohXRhS

·         Anna Griffin Perfect Palette 12×12 Cardstock: http://bit.ly/1hXfJJR

·         Anna Griffin Interchangeable Border Punch set: http://bit.ly/1kmZoBz

·         Anna Griffin All-Occasion 3D Sentiment Garlands

·         Anna Griffin Metallic Layers paper collection

·         Anna Griffin ink pads: http://bit.ly/1g1WkXn

·         Basket filler/artificial grass

Follow these steps to make the Easter basket:

1.  Login to Design Space and cut basket pieces using Cricut Explore (lace cut-out, backing and circular bottom). Click this link for the cutting file in Design Space. https://www.cricut.com/design/#/canvas/project/16111898

easter basket screen

2.  Assemble sides of basket by adhering lacy cut-out to solid backing.  Insert tab into slot and apply adhesive to secure.

3.  For basket bottom, snip circle every 1/2” up to score line.  Fold on score line to create tabs.  Apply adhesive to tabs and push circle down into basket, securing tabs to sides of basket.

4.  Trim a 1 3/4” x 12” strip of blue Perfect Palette cardstock.  Punch both edges with lace punch.  Adhere ends of strip to inside of basket to form handle.

lace punched basket handle

Now, let’s decorate the Easter eggs:

1.  Dye your eggs. Eggs can be dyed traditionally, or rubbed with Anna Griffin pigment inks as seen here.

2.  Die cut decorative flourishes from Metallic Layers cardstock. We chose to use metallic gold and pearlized cream cardstock for our eggs, but you can use any color you’d like!

egg die cuts

3. Use liquid adhesive to adhere die cuts to eggs. We used Scrappy Glue from HSN.com for this step: http://bit.ly/1hchinh

easter basket2

Now place your finished eggs in the basket and accent with a “Happy Easter” banner or sentiment.

We hope you enjoy making this project!

48 Comments

1. Posted by: Repliki zegarków
  2. Posted by: Mary Hodges
    Hi Anna it was great to see you on QVC  UK I did buy most of your things and having received some already think they are so beautiful not that I expected anything less, I was so hoping you would have the lace dies so just hope I can watch your August show and buy them then.Thank you for visiting the UK can’t wait for your next visit.Take care.
    Love Mary.
  3. Posted by: Linda
    Hi Anna
    My granddaughter  came over last week end and I was showing her window frame card set I told her she could make her birthday card and she did and signed her name on the back. Katrina birthday is April 23.
  4. Posted by: Carol Henderson
    Absolutely love your blog and the gorgeous projects.  I love the new dies and embossing folders and have been collecting every one I can get my hands on.  However, I am having trouble find the inserts for you beautiful boxes to store the embossing folders.  Do you know where additional inserts can be purchased?  Thank you for sharing your gift with all of us.
  5. Posted by: Linda J
    Just exquisite! I don’t have the Cricut Explore but I do have the cupcake wrapper cartridge so I’m going to try this with your dies which I do have. Thanks for all the beautiful presentations you do. LJ
  6. Posted by: Paula Puckett

Hello Anna:Love this basket! Very cute. Just want to say, ” have a safe trip to UK. Enjoy and have fun. Return to your loving crafters because we will miss you.”  You are a woman of great integrity, Anna. God bless you.

7. Posted by: Mary R.
    Anna, this is grand! Beautiful projects for Easter. Thanks for showing us how its done and for wetting my appetite for more AG.
  8. Posted by: winnie
    I just made this…it’s so cute…note: I had to adjust the size on the bottom…the current score line is at 3.5″ diameter..I had to rescore at 3.25″ so it would fit. I found a spellbinder circle die that is exactly 3.25″ diameter and was able to trace around it with a scoring tool. voila !  Thanks Anna !
  9. Posted by: Claudia Henderson
    First of all Thank you for all these great tools and ideas, I love them. I do have a suggestion to make regarding the new Cricut Explore. I am still working on getting to know mine and I still fine things that only work with either my Expression or the Explore. So I guess I have to keep them both 🙂 The Explore cuts are awesome…Here my question/ Suggestion: I love your card but could they be set up in a way that I can choose between a 5×7 card and a 4 1/4x 51/2 card? I know I can down size everything, but it would be so much easier if it could be done automatically so all proportions stay the same…I hope this can be done…Oh and please can you bring back the metallic paper packs….Thanks so much and have a wonderful and happy Easter
  10. Posted by: Brenda aka centralNYscrapper
    Beautiful! Thank you for the instructions!
  11. Posted by: Sue Abell
    Beautiful project! Thanks!
  12. Posted by: Mary Latno
    What a beautiful Easter Basket.  Thank you for your ideas.  I do not have the explorer but I have enough cricut, punches etc. that I can figure out another way to do it.  Always interested to see what you will come up with next Anna.  Keep sending us beautiful things. I ordered some of your kits and they came this week.  Only one more to get and I can’t wait to get started on them…..
  13. Posted by: Lin M.
    Thank you for sharing this beautiful project! I don’t have the Explore but I do have every one of your embossing folders and most of your dies. With this inspiration I think I can come up with something similar.
    Please keep the projects coming! This is so much fun and inspiration!
  14. Posted by: Linda
    thanks’ Anna for the basket idea I don’t have Explore but do have a lot off punch around the pages can do the circle  and bring it up and make a handle.
  15. Posted by: Anna Griffin
    We do respond to questions and concerns that get posted here. However, we respond directly to the email address provided. Our intention is for the blog to be a place for news and inspiration instead of a portal for Customer Service. Please contact our office should you need assistance with our products.
  16. Posted by: Jeanne
    So good of you to give us ideas to use products we’ve purchased from hsn.  Your design team must have lots of fun creating these idea for us.I’m sorry some people hold you responsible for products you endorse but are not personally responsible for guaranteeing.  You are your own entity and I hold you in high regard for that.Respectfully yours, JeanneI hope you have an enjoyable and productive trip to the UK.

17. Posted by: Patti H.
    Hello Anna–
    I just love the Easter Basket you made.  I have a special request — can you please restock the stamp binder sleeves that you used to sell separately on HSN.  They sold out before I could purchase any.  Truly appreciate it and have a WONDERFUL holiday.
  18. Posted by: Diana
    I realized this morning why we need blogs like this.  I must be dumb but I never thought about running paper through a punch one way and turning it around and running it through the other way to form a cute completely punched strip….duh.   Thanks Anna.
  19. Posted by: Jessica T
    This is lovely, beautiful, and elegant as are all things Anna Griffin !  I was hoping you would answer  all the above inquiries, especially Joann Benford’s question, as I think many of us have similar problems or concerns. Thank you!!
  20. Posted by: joann benford
    Hi Anna, I do not know if this is the right place to ask you this. I bough the die cuts for the cuttlebug, I put them on the plate correctly, however the B plate is getting the image of what I cut on it. What am doing wrong???? Please help. Thanks in advance. My email addresstunchiebaby@yahoo.com
  21. Posted by: JANIE
    Love my Cricut Explore. Took some getting used to coming from the
    Expression. It does take a little longer to do things but the CUT you get is sooooo much better,WOW.
    Thank you for all your input great designs.
    Janie
  22. Posted by: Erlyn
    Hi Anna, I like this new project to try with my cricut explore. I wish that I would be able to buy digital images for the explore just like the mini personal cricut. I don’t like that this option is not available for the explore that means I still have to buy cartridges.  Unless there is something that I don’t now and there are more designs to use. I don’t think there are enough designs to choose from on the explore. I love the machine it great but, needs more digital options and more designs.  Thank for this idea gives me reason to use the explore.
  23. Posted by: Jessie Hawthorne
    I just love this! Thank-You so much for the idea.I bought all of the things and the Circuit. This will be fun.
    Please send more ideas.
  24. Posted by: Sharon
    I, too, would like to be able to download or copy/paste the directions for step by step. Thanks so much.
  25. Posted by: Lillian Meyer
    What a beautiful project, it would make any type of Easter gathering even more special. Happy Easter and Happy Spring everyone.
  26. Posted by: Mona
    Thank you for the idea for the Easter egg.  I do have the die so I can do that.  I did not buy the explorer for 2 reasons.  1. I bought the Brother SanNCut from HSN. 2. I made the mistake of buying the Imagine which is my $500 door stop so I would not buy another Cricut until I know that they will support it. Because I did not buy the Explorer I did not get your Soiree designs.  Although my ScanNCut does not need cartridges I do have the original Cricut that works good so I’m hopeful that you will have a cartridge with your designs which I would love to purchase. I do love all the things I bought on Craft Day!
    Thanks again for your Easter projects.
  27. Posted by: Joy Chattin Hannabass
    This is so very cute. I haven’t has time to play with my Cricut
    Explore….sigh! But I will be able too soon!
  28. Posted by: Penny C.
    Hi Anna and Team:  Just wanted to say thanks.   I love these cute projects that you are putting on the blog.  You all have quite the brain!Kind regards from Jarrettsville, Maryland
  29. Posted by: Shirley Barton
    Just beautiful as always!  I will make 4 for grandchildren  & one for my 96 year old mother-in-law. Great job love yoy
  30. Posted by: Estela
    I bought the Cricut Explorer at the HSN launch will I have the Soirée forever or will I have topurchase it?
  31. Posted by: Rhonda
    Hi Anna,  The basket is so pretty and the eggs are so elegant!  I love them!  I am anxious to do this and put a basket on my counter for Easter decoration.  Thank you again.
  32. Posted by: Mary
    Since I don’t have a Cricut of any level, but do have a Cuttlebug, I am going to emboss some beautiful papers and use my newest dies to try to replicate the eggs.    I’ll just have to use my traditional basket for them, but this will really ‘step it up’ for Easter.    Thank you for the ideas — please keep them coming!
  33. Posted by: Gail
    Those eggs are AWESOME!!  What a great idea!  These would be beautiful to decorate and put on the tables at our Church Easter Breakfast!  Thanks for the ideas Anna!!
  34. Posted by: Annette J
    These are soooo cute.   I was planning on something similar to decorate my Easter table and for the guests to take home.  Thanks for the idea.  Keep up the great work and love all the beautiful things you create
  35. Posted by: ElizabethD
    Anna, I would love to make some of these for my grand children. Is there some way or some where that I can make a copy of the directions. I would have to follow this step by step.
  36. Posted by: Donna
    Lovely project.  I have the Cricut Expressions (big machine); can I purchase the AG cartridges offered with the Cricut Explore? or will these be available on HSN again/near future?  Thank you for such classy designs… have always loved the Anna Griffin designs and purchased the dies/folders from HSN/auto delivery!  Great opportunity for great products.
  37. Posted by: Bonnie S
    This is so cute!  Love all the ideas you share!
  38. Posted by: Uta
    Anna it would be nice too if some of us that don’t do Facebook could enter your contests too! I’m looking forward to see you soon again on HSN……..Crafter, Uta
  39. Posted by: Liz
    Just too cute!
  40. Posted by: Sally
    What vision!  Just beautiful. I wish I had a minute fraction of your vision.