Beautiful in the Making: The Best Father Card

Hi everyone!

Welcome back to our Beautiful in the Making series. We are excited about the next few weeks of projects we have planned for you, and hope you enjoy crafting along with us. With Father’s Day coming up in less than two weeks, we wanted to give you some quick and easy project ideas for Dad. Today we’ll help you create this heartfelt handmade card in just minutes – let’s get started!

The-Best-Father-Card

Supplies:
·         All About Him Card Kit: http://bit.ly/allabouthimcardkit

·         Nearest & Dearest sentiment stickers (or any Father’s Day related sentiments)

·         Adhesive

Instructions:
1.   Trim a 3” x 2” block of white lined patterned paper, adhere white lined paper to the bottom of a blue frame card layer and then adhere to mustache card base.
white layer on card
2.   Assemble pre-scored red pleated wheel. If you are new to this technique, we have a great YouTube video to walk you through the steps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0le-YuD8Q_Q

rosette 1

rosette 2

3.   Notch ends of red/gold foil border strip into a “v”. Cut border in half, then adhere both pieces to the back side of the pleated wheel.

notched border

4.   Top the pleated wheel with gold star diecut and “the best” sentiment sticker.

The-Best-Father-Card-dtl

5.   Adhere finished wheel/medallion to card, tucking under “father” sentiment as shown.

Comment below and tell us if you’ll be giving this project a try! We’ll be back next Tuesday with another Father’s Day project that you won’t want to miss.

Have a wonderful week!

1. Mary R. says:

Thank you for showing us how to embellish for the men in our life. I struggle with masculine cards.

2. Paula Gale says:

It’s so nice to see such an elegent and stylised card for a man – they usually ‘have’ to have a theme of sport, games or something – this is so nice without putting someone in a box or catagory. Hope that makes sense.

Paula x x x

3. Tammy Green says:

Anna, I just love ur beautiful cards & scrapbook papers, especially the Fathers Day card on “Beautiful In the Making”, the one that has all the beautiful “stat types” as I always love those so, keep up the beautiful work as I am disabled & can no longer work & can’t drive as I have seizures & my husband left me due to my health ( & his secretary) so ur beautiful work cheers me up.
    Hag8d, & I look FORWARD TO WEDNESDAY.

Tammy Green
    [email protected]
    tyvm

4. Linda says:

Seem they have changed the time’s for
    Anna on hsn sorry. she will most likely post the right time. Linda

5. Patty Fisher says:

Thank you for another beautiful card idea with full instructions. Everyone loves the cards I make for them but I could not do it without your products and help. All your items are so beautiful and elegant. I love everything you and your team designs for us. Thank you so very much. I watch all the shows you are on HSN that I can.

6. Linda Valoy says:

Love the card. i like the frame around the design. I would like to see you make some embossing folders that have a frame around the edge, maybe frames nested so we could cut out the middle frame to use as tags.

7. Mary says:

I love all your products. Will you be bring the new Cricut back again, as a TSV on HSN ? Many of us missed out that day.

8. Ron P. says:

Thanks Anna for once again giving us a great idea for an elegant card. It is truly appreciated.

9. Linda says:

Nancy answering your question June 13th
    at 2.pm and June 14th at 8pm I think that
    eastern time. the shows are called Host Pick’s. Explore event . so if you blink you might miss it. Linda

10. teresa says:

Anna, Love your products! Suggestion-I have seen a lot of stamps and die cuts that work together to make a finished product. They are really nice!! It would be really nice if you could do your flowers like that! I think people would go wild for those! Your flowers are amazing and we could make our own colors to go with our projects! What do you think? They would work with the Golden Bug! Thanks for listening to your customers! Also, thanks for the manly items! Can’t wait to see some old sports uniforms and the like! I know we ask for a lot but please don’t try to do too much, you need to take care of yourself too!!! 🙂

11. Nancy Iverson says:

Hi Anna
    You said you were going to be on HSN on June 13th – I don’t see a show for you. Can you give me update.
    Thanks
    Nancy in Colorado

12. Anna Griffin says:

Thank you, Dalyce! We have some great things coming up in July- can’t wait to spill all of the details!

13. Betsy Carty says:

Thanks Anna. You’re the best with the best ideas. Love the card. Can hardly wait to see more. Keep up the good work. Blessings. Betsy

14. Carol says:

This is such a great Father’s Day card … love the clean lines and colors. I tend to want to add a lot of foo-foo embellishments and bling … which I love, but it just does not make an appropriate masculine card. This is so much better. Thanx for the inspiration!

15. Mary R. says:

Your ideas are so sophisticated, Anna. You are the Master at breaking it down into easy to follow steps with coordinating products. Look forward to seeing what you have for us next:)

16. Laurie says:

I really enjoy your card/ project ideas. I’ve been having fun make a number of them. They really inspire you to come up with your own twists with your products as well. FYI I was fortunate enough to buy your punch sets from a few years ago that you still show alot. The only set I wasn’t able to get was the xmas set. All my friends are always asking to borrow these and say they wish they could still buy them. That year you had at least 3 sets of 3. Maybe you could reissue them to fit in your
    new cartridge system. Love the Emb. folders, top quality dies, punches and stamps. Pleas come ot with more stamp biders and pages as well. they are awesome!

17. Elizabeth says:

I cant wait to get started Anna! I will also make one for my husband, from our cats Bella and Prince!! I spoke about Prince before, we got him about the same time you got Georgie!. My husband will love it! In fact, he now buys only embellished cards for me! I’m looking forward to using more of my craft items soon , I bought your craft furniture and will be taking a staycation at the end of the month to get organized. BTW, the furniture is beautiful! I’m very grateful! Elizabeth

18. Dalyce Mangum says:

Thank you again Anna for the great tips and examples you give us, to use with all your products.
    I’m already saving for your July HSN show.
    The Anna Griffin following has really boomed in the last couple of years. There are so many of us now who are addicted.

Thanks to all your staff also, You must keep them very busy.

I love the new Madison collection. I have one son and a son-in-law in the service. This collection is wonderful for them. Also their kids. Between them they have 7 children and they are just as patriotic.. So I am excited to also send them cards from the collection.
    I hope HSN will have them again. I should have bought 2 sets. It really is a beautiful and stirring paper set.

I am also having a lot of fun with your new die cuts. Beautiful.

Thanks Anna,

Dalyce Mangum.

19. Stacie Rousseau says:

This is great! I’m constantly trying to find “manly” ideas. I love Anna Griffin and can’t get enough. I’m counting down to the HSN shows on the 13th and 14th!

20. Rhonda L.P. says:

P.S. Forgot to ask…
    Will the “Totally Tags” be back again???
    I really LOVE all my “Anna Griffin” Cardmaking, Scrapbooking, and Storage items! I hope I can soon have time to “play” with them more than I’ve been able to, to date! They’re not only BEAUTIFUL… but the products are UNIQUE! No other company I have seen, has products that are so ELEGANT! Thanks, Anna… for making all of us look like PRO’S!!!
    Thanks again!
    Rhonda

21. Kathleen P says:

Love this series! I have fun with it not to mention created some great projects. Thanks!

22. Rhonda L.P. says:

Dear Anna…
    I LOVE the simplicity and look of the card…but WHERE do we BUY the “Nearest and Dearest Sentiment Stickers”?????
    Reply would be VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!!!
    Thanks!
    Rhonda

23. Kathleen P says:

What a simple yet elegant card! I have a 10 year old granddaughter & she loves to come over & do crafts. This card will be perfect for her to make for her father. She will usually start with the basics & then put her own special touch on – but that’s ok. So thanks for all your ideas!

24. Annette J says:

BEAUTIFUL…My Dad is in Heaven but will use the idea for my husband. This would also be great for a birthday or graduation card if you change the sentiment. Thanks for all the great ideas Anna…you are greatly appreciated

25. Diane says:

Really nice card Anna. I have all the elements except for the “Father” Sentiment. I need more of your sentiments. Do you have a kit of just Sentiments?

26. Kris Dietz says:

Love this idea and the designs/colors. Thanks for sharing. Going to give this a try.

27. Lorraine K Thomas says:

I just love this idea, can’t wait for more examples. Keep them coming Anna.