Today we’re going to show you how take a gift card to Dad’s favorite restaurant and transform it into a truly special present. This Father’s Day toolbox will make all the wonderful dads, husbands and brothers out there feel extra special this Sunday!
This and many of our other projects give you a tiny glimpse into the unbelievable creativity that the Cricut Explore puts at your fingertips. We hope you will tune in to HSN this Friday, June 13th at 2:40 p.m. and Saturday, June 14th at 8:40 p.m. for the “Host Picks” shows, where we will show you even more possibilities that this machine provides. The things it can do continue to amaze me every single day.
Now let’s dive in to this week’s tutorial!
·Mandarin Favor Box from the Anna Griffin Splendid Soirees Cricut collection. Click here to make this project in Design Space: https://us.cricut.com/design/#/canvas/project/17918587
·Cricut Explore machine
·For the Boys Diecut Collection (if you don’t have this kit, you can create similar stamped images with our For the Boys Stamps: http://bit.ly/fortheboysstamps
·Silver cardstock from the 12×12 Perfect Palette collection: http://bit.ly/perfectpalettecardstock
· 2 small gold brads
· 3/4” circle punch
1. Use the Cricut Explore to cut the Mandarin Favor Box at 11.5” wide from brown cardstock (or any color you’d like). Click here to make this project in Design Space: https://us.cricut.com/design/#/canvas/project/17918587. Use a craft knife to cut a second slit for lid flap, approximately 1/4” below first cut. Assemble box.
2. Trim a 4” x .75” strip of brown cardstock. Use gold brads to attach to box lid to create a handle.
3. Punch a partial .5” circle from silver cardsto ck and adhere to box flap.
4. Punch out tool and “greatest dad” die cuts from the For the Boys diecut collection. Adhere the small hammer and saw together to form “x”. Punch hole in saw and tie to box handle with twine. Adhere sentiment diecut to front of box.
5. Trim a 3.125” x 3 block of silver cardstock. Adhere larger saw and wrench die cuts in an “x” with foam tape, adhering just the tops and bottoms so a gift card can be inserted.
See you on HSN this weekend!