Beautiful in the Making: Father’s Day Toolbox & Gift Card Holder

Hi friends!

Today we’re going to show you how take a gift card to Dad’s favorite restaurant and transform it into a truly special present. This Father’s Day toolbox will make all the wonderful dads, husbands and brothers out there feel extra special this Sunday!

This and many of our other projects give you a tiny glimpse into the unbelievable creativity that the Cricut Explore puts at your fingertips. We hope you will tune in to HSN this Friday, June 13th at 2:40 p.m. and Saturday, June 14th at 8:40 p.m. for the “Host Picks” shows, where we will show you even more possibilities that this machine provides.  The things it can do continue to amaze me every single day.

Now let’s dive in to this week’s tutorial!

Toolbox-Gift-Card-Holder

Supplies:
·Mandarin Favor Box from the Anna Griffin Splendid Soirees Cricut collection. Click here to make this project in Design Space: https://us.cricut.com/design/#/canvas/project/17918587

·Cricut Explore machine

·For the Boys Diecut Collection (if you don’t have this kit, you can create similar stamped images with our For the Boys Stamps: http://bit.ly/fortheboysstamps

·Silver cardstock from the 12×12 Perfect Palette collection: http://bit.ly/perfectpalettecardstock

·Brown cardstock

·Twine

· 2 small gold brads

· 3/4” circle punch

Instructions:
1.   Use the Cricut Explore to cut the Mandarin Favor Box at 11.5” wide from brown cardstock (or any color you’d like). Click here to make this project in Design Space: https://us.cricut.com/design/#/canvas/project/17918587.  Use a craft knife to cut a second slit for lid flap, approximately 1/4” below first cut.  Assemble box.

Mandarin Box Screenshot

2.   Trim a 4” x .75” strip of brown cardstock.  Use gold brads to attach to box lid to create a handle.

3.   Punch a partial .5” circle from silver cardsto ck and adhere to box flap.

4.   Punch out tool and “greatest dad” die cuts from the For the Boys diecut collection.  Adhere the small hammer and saw together to form “x”.  Punch hole in saw and tie to box handle with twine.  Adhere sentiment diecut to front of box.

5.   Trim a 3.125” x 3 block of silver cardstock.  Adhere larger saw and wrench die cuts in an “x” with foam tape, adhering just the tops and bottoms so a gift card can be inserted.

Toolbox-Gift-Card-Holder-inside

See you on HSN this weekend!

1. Senuke Backlinks says:

Admiring the hard work you put into your site and in depth information you offer.

It’s nice to come across a blog every once in a while that isn’t the same unwanted
    rehashed information. Great read! I’ve saved your site and I’m including
    your RSS feeds to my Google account.

2. Sandy says:

I tuned in tonight at 8:30 and boo hoo, no Anna?????
    When will you be back on HSN
    So disappointed
    Sandy

3. Rhonda L.P. says:

By the way, Anna….Can you somehow fit a new picture of “Georgie” into your next blog??? I had 2 cats for years, but they have since gone on to “Kitty Heaven”. I miss them so much I ache!! Georgie’s “toddler” age picture reminded me soooo much of my Sunny! Thanks!
    Rhonda

4. Anna Griffin says:

Hopefully these kits will be back soon! We will start previewing all of our new July 23rd HSN items very soon, too, so stay tuned!

5. Rhonda L.P. says:

Dear Anna….
    Yay!!! New products coming up!!! (Not that you don’t offer us enough… but the fact is….NO AMOUNT of your products are ENOUGH!) I’m in love! I read all the replies in the blog, and sooo many times I see, “I SHOULD HAVE bought it when it was available!” My boss laughs at me and says, “Rhonda never buys “1” of ANYTHING!!!!” Are you kidding?….I’ve LEARNED my lesson!!! LOL! I always try to buy in multiples! I figure that if it ever turns out that I can’t use ALL of what I buy…I can always sell it, or share it! It’s NEVER wasted!
    Horse-whipping would be too good for anyone that WASTES Anna Griffin Products! I don’t know why I keep calling them products! They are WORKS OF ART!!!! Thanks Anna! I’m VERY grateful!
    Rhonda L.P.

6. Jeanne says:

I finally took out the Cricut Explore yesterday. I am so looking forward to your presentations tomorrow and Saturday. God bless your trip and sales.
    It’ll be nice to learn all you have to teach us. It’s so nice to see your pleasant smile.
    I hope your hosts don’t try to run over you with their jabber while you’re showing us all we can learn. I’ve always said “nobody sells Anna Griffin like Anna Griffin.” They need to step aside and allow you to be Anna Griffin.
    Love to Georgie.

7. Linda says:

Anna Love my summer soirees cartridge can’t wait until tomorrow are you show how to do the big pin wheel’?

8. Pat Marsh. says:

This is really a nice and different kind of card for Father’s Day. If this image is from the Splendid Soiree cartridge, Cricut.com has a digital version for $19.99 for purchase – also Summer Soiree – check it out!

I love all your designer paper kits and missed your Flocked as well as your Foil paper kits. Also your Well Said Vellum Quote stickers. Do you plan on bringing any of these kits back to HSN? Thanks for your help.

9. Anna Griffin says:

Yes- if you purchased your explore during the launch on HSN then you got all of our Soirees content.

10. Annette J says:

WONDERFUL idea I can’t wait to try it. My husband will be thrilled to see this and get a nice surprise inside. Thanks for the great idea and looking forward to seeing you on HSN. You have such amazing products and ideas! I made a few cards from 2 different kits last week and both of the people just about flipped when they saw the beautiful cards not to mention the art work. THANKS for making me look so talented

11. Linda says:

Thanks for mentioning this. I’m in the same boat! Maybe someone has another suggestion. Thanks

Salutations Miss Anna & Co!

I hope all is well! Fantastic new project to try! I could definitely see this as type of cute “purse” or a gardening kit or a child’s treasure box! Just change out the paper and trimming!
    Great project! Thanks for the tutorial!
    I, too, missed out on the FoR The Boys diecuts and also the last borders you offered last time you were on HSN.
    It would be great if you could offer these again….
    Looking forward to seeing you Friday and Saturday and maybe you could give an update on Georgie!
    Safe travels!

13. Gertrud says:

Can’t wait to make this for my 23 month old niece to give to her Dad (my brother). She already is interested in using the Cricut Explore! Thanks for the idea and instructions! You are the best! Hope you and your family have a wonderful Father’s Day Celebration!

14. Evadene says:

Lin, I too wnt the Totally Tags, For the Boys diecuts and more embossing folder storage sleeves. Love the Garden Card kit, could you that one again myself!!

15. Lin M. says:

This is such a cute project! Thanks for the details on making it!
    I am kicking myself for not getting the For the Boys diecuts when they were available. One day I am going to learn that when there is a new Anna Griffin product out just purchase it. Don’t think about it – just buy it! LOL All your products are fabulous. I can’t wait to see what you come out with next!
    There are several items I missed out on last time you were on HSN in case you might bring them back . 😉 I was out of town and missed out. I would love to get the Totally Tags, For the Boys diecuts, the new cricut cartridge, embossing folder storage sleeves, Garden cardmaking kit – or a new one. I’m sure there is something I’m forgetting.
    Thank you for making it easy to create beautiful things!!!

16. dolores Weitzman says:

Anna are the Soiree content cartridges that come with the Cricut Exolore, the same as the Summer Soiree cricut cartridge that is sold separately?

17. dolores Weitzman says:

Anna, where can I purchase the Summer Soiree cartridge, I purchased the Cricut Explore and the Summer Soiree cricut cartridge is sold out!!!!

18. Rhonda L.P. says:

To Marianne…
    If you don’t have the Cricut…simply follow the measurements in the picture, and cut it out by hand! The most important part is making sure the front/back; and the two sides are exactly the same size…(leaving a 1/2″ piece on one side for gluing), AND leaving the long top piece long enough to wrap over the top, and slip into the slot! I’ve done this MANY times before I had a Cricut! It is time consuming, but not nearly as hard as you may think!! Once cut…draw a template to keep…as this could also be decorated as a small purse for a young girl, or lady! Don’t forget to score the fold lines! Have fun!
    To Anna….. I won’t get to see the Friday show, as I am a hairdresser, and didn’t know what time YOU would be on, so couldn’t re-arrange my schedule accordingly! By the time the schedule for the show was on HSN.com… It was too late for me to move customers around!
    I am terribly disappointed, but I WILL be tuned in on Saturday night!
    Sounds like most of the show will be about the Cricut Explore. I was hoping for a few NEW products…or a return of the “Totally Tags”!!! I NEED MORE TAGS!!!! LOVE them!!!
    Will they be available again???? Please! Please! Please!
    By the way Anna…do you have relatives in Tennessee? My mom’s maiden name was Griffin!
    Good luck with the show! I’m looking forward to seeing you on Saturday!
    Happy crafting everyone!!!
    Rhonda

19. Marianne says:

Very nice tutorial but what about those of us who cannot afford to purchase this new Cricut machine???

20. Lorraine K Thomas says:

The love this Tool Box project. I think any dad, husband or brother would be the envy of his friends. It is Great. Thanks for sharing Anna. Love from Ohio, Lorraine Thomas.