Can you believe Christmas is only a couple of weeks away? I hope you have all been busy creating lots of handmade cards with all of your new holiday collections. One of our favorites this year is the Angelic Card Toppers kit, so how about some inspiration for these gorgeous embellishments?
Let’s start with a quick how to! We used a gold card base and a 4.5”x6.5” tan card layer from our Perfect Palette collection to start this one off (http://bit.ly/1ziLTHY).
Next, we cut a 4”x6” blue and gold card patterned layer and adhered it to the card. Any coordinating patterned cardstock will work just fine.
Everything else we used on this card is from the Angelic Card Toppers kit! Follow the photos below to add a postcard, tag, angel, glitter embellishments and sentiment.
We love how the coordinating angel embellishment and postcard layer perfectly.
We even layered three glittered stars for added dimension!
Isn’t that just beautiful? Not to mention quick and easy.
Here are a few other Christmas cards I created over the weekend using the angels and our last two holiday card kits. Enjoy!
That’s all for today. Check back next Tuesday for the start of several very exciting previews for our January 21st shows on HSN that you do not want to miss!
Today we are going to show you how to make a festive card with our new Christmas Cardstock Collection in just 5 simple steps. There’s still time to get these pretty papers home before the holidays: http://bit.ly/christmascardstock
Let’s get started!
For this card you will need the gold holly, pinecone and both red square papers from the Christmas Cardstock Collection as well as some of your favorite holiday embellishments.
- First, cut a sheet of gold holly paper to 7”x10” and fold in half to create your card base.
- Next, cut a 4.5”x6.5” piece of red and cream square cardstock and adhere to card base
3. Cut a 3”x4” piece of the pinecone cardstock, taper edges into a tag shape and punch a small hole in the center of the tag. We distressed the edges of the tag using our Luminous Gold ink pad (http://bit.ly/holidayinks) but you can leave it as is if you’d like.
4. Create a pleated rosette by cutting a 1 ¾”strip of the red and gold square paper. Score the paper every ¼ inch, fold, and adhere pinwheel to the bottom left of the card. If you are new to making rosettes, we have a YouTube video that might be a good resource for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0le-YuD8Q_Q
5. Embellish! We chose several embellishments to finish off this card- a pretty green ribbon for the top of the tag, a gold flourish, a sprig of holly and a “Warm Christmas Wishes” sentiment sticker.
We hope you enjoy giving this a try. Next Tuesday we are going to play with your favorite Angelic Card Toppers and show you some fun new projects for those.
See you then!
In case you did not receive the Super Sale link via our email newsletter or Facebook page, we are going to post it here as well: