First things first, let me thank you again for such an amazing day of shows on HSN last week. It was an unforgettable “Anna-versary!”
Many of you have asked about the different tools we used when working with the Today’s Special Mix and Match Cuttlebug folders and dies, so today we are going to give you some tips and tricks. We’ve found that enhancing the intricate designs on these folders is easiest after embossing- here’s a few of the items we used on the projects you saw:
- Zig Emboss Writer (http://bit.ly/zigwriter) –We used this marker to color in the folder design for heat embossing. Just draw over the embossed design, sprinkle embossing powder and use a heat gun to create a gorgeous metallic effect.
- Embossing powder and heat tool- If you don’t have Anna Griffin gold and silver embossing powder from the accessories kit we had on HSN, you can purchase similar colors at most major craft stores. Paper Source is a great place to find a heat tool and lots of powder shades (http://bit.ly/embossingpowder)
- Tsukineko Dew Drop ink pads (http://bit.ly/tsukinekoink) – You saw me using these a lot on HSN because their size is great for these folders and they really bring out the design without looking messy.
- Craft knife (http://bit.ly/xactocraftknife) – Whether you want to fussy cut corners or the entire embossed image, a craft knife is the way to go. You’ll also want to get a cutting mat f if you don’t have one (coming soon from Anna Griffin!)
- Tsukineko Sponge Daubers (http://bit.ly/spongedaubers)- If you have a surplus of Anna Griffin ink pads that you’d like to use, we recommend getting some of these and using them to apply ink. They also work wonderfully!
- Deco Gold Paint Pen (http://bit.ly/decogoldpaintpen) We love using these in gold or silver to color in the raised design. The only downside is the paint smell, but we think it’s well worth it.
- Sanding block (http://bit.ly/sandingblock) – This is an old favorite in our bag of tricks! Try it on any paper with a white core, whether it’s super shiny metallic or patterned.
We hope this helps you create even more beautiful projects with this collection!
Lastly, if you were watching during the 9 p.m. show last week and are interesting in helping the last caller of the day, Sally, with her wonderful crafting charity please let us know. You can comment below or send us a private message on Facebook and we will get her information to you.