Anna’s Decorative Monograms Cartridge Tutorial

Hi everyone!

The Anna’s Decorative Monograms cartridge from Cricut makes it so easy to personalize anything with vinyl, iron on, fabric, paper and more. The sky is the limit with this image set!

By popular request, today we’ll give you a quick tutorial on a couple of different monogram techniques using our cartridge in Design Space.

If you would like to create a classic three letter monogram,  go to “insert images,” search in Cartridges for Anna’s Decorative Monograms. From the groups of letters, select each of the three letter groups you need and insert them on your canvas. Then select each group of letters individually, and click ungroup in the edit palette.

Screen shot 2015-07-14 at 10.13.09 AM

After you have ungrouped each set of letters, delete all of the letters you do not need by selecting each one and clicking the X in the top left corner.

Screen shot 2015-07-14 at 10.13.51 AM

Screen shot 2015-07-14 at 10.14.24 AM

Space the three letters as desired, then select all to highlight all three letters at the same time. Click group in the edit palette.

Screen shot 2015-07-14 at 10.15.28 AM

If you’d like to cut all three letters in the same color, on the same mat, go to the edit palette and click sync. Drag the 2 letters to the color you want to cut so that all 3 letters are the same color. We drug the F and the G into the pink A layer.

Screen shot 2015-07-14 at 10.48.34 AMScreen shot 2015-07-14 at 10.48.59 AM

Select all and group and attach the monogram. Now your monogram is ready to cut! Feel free to scale the grouped image as large or small as you’d like, and add a cartouche or frame to complete your look.

fan

If you’d like your monogram to cut as one large image, you’ll need to weld your letters together. This is really fun to do with our Decorative Leaf letters! Simply insert the three letters of your monogram, scale them as desired and make sure the letters are overlapping slightly.

Screen shot 2015-07-14 at 10.44.21 AM

Select all to select the entire image, and click weld in the layers palette.

Screen shot 2015-07-14 at 10.45.14 AM

Now your monogram will cut in one large piece, which is great for projects like this iron on fabric pillow or vinyl clipboard!

pinkpillowclipboard

Happy monogramming!

1. Jenna Wilson says:

Hi I have Anna’s Decorative Monogram with a circuit expression machine so I am using it with circuit craft room. I love the swirly fonts one is plain and one is a leaf. Is there any way to make these thicker or bolder?

2. vanessa jackson says:

Hello i have the anna griffin monogram cartridge and i love it but i just can’t figure out how to use it with the 3 letter monograms want to do my letters in cursive letters..can you please help me..

3. Marsha says:

Anna or anyone
    Is this Monogram cartridge the same monogram designs that came with the wifi adapter when it was sold separate? I just ordered the cartridge but if it came with the wifi adapter I don’t need the cartridge. I believe that was offered in march with Anna’s garden cards and embellishments flourish cards and embellishments.

4. TeranceH in Texas says:

Thanks Anna, this should help. I have been trying to figure this out for months and couldn’t find anything. I wanted to try and make something. I guess this weekend has been booked with this project.

5. Linda says:

Lou Mark’s been thinking about you and your family my prayers are still with you and I give you a big hug from Oklahoma. Linda

6. Rhonda L. P. says:

Dear Anna and Cricut,
    PLEASE bear in mind that not all of us are tech savvy! I need a book called “Cricut Explore for Dummies!” NOT KIDDING!
    When my nephew shows me how to do something on my computer, he shows me… s-l-o-w-l-y…..as I write down step-by-step, which key or icon to click!
    Does THAT explain how computer illiterate some of us actually are??? Tee-Hee! (I HATE having to admit this…. but fact is fact!)

7. Sonia Cintron says:

Those monograms are great, I have never seen them before, you are too much with your creativity Anna, I wish I could say the same of myself. Keep up the good work, we enjoy your mind and all your creations.

8. Betsy Carty says:

Thank you Anna. That was clearly stated. You are a jewel. Thanks for all you do. Love and Blessings, Betsy from NC

Barbara, I am not Anna, of course, but I do haunt a Cricut explore FB page. I heard once that the mat needs to be quite sticky to facilitate the intricate cuts not moving about on the mat and thus causing the cut to ‘crunch’. I tried using a new mat, since mine had lost a bit of its sticky, and it helped me. I hope it helps you as well. Good luck!!

10. Grace says:

I used this cartridge to make an iron on vinyl monogram for our newest Great Grandaughter’s onesie. It came out beautiful. Thank you, Anna, for making me look good!

11. Barbara F. Smith says:

I just received my Monogram cartridge yesterday. I can’t wait to use it. Thanks for the new information.

Hello Miss Anna & Co!

Always thinking of your customers…a big part of why I love Anna Griffin! The ease and gorgeousness of the products truly are incredible. It’s always exciting to see what you come up with next!

Will the Juliette Bedding still be available on HSN in the fall?

Thanks a bunch and bave a wonderful day!

13. Sue K says:

Thanks!
    I want to know how to size the cards in the Lovely Layers and all card carts to the right size?? I wish they would just show up the right size!

14. Lin M. says:

Hi Sharon, I just got Anna’s Cricut Explore Air during the last HSN craft day. In my search for information to get started I found User Manuals for both the Explore Air (and other versions) and Design Space. You can download any/all of them. Maybe that will help?

15. Beth Salles says:

I love love love this cartridge. I waited till it was on HSN to get not knowing it was already in my Cricut Design space. I have been playing around with it and found if you select the 3 letters you want. Click on each individual letter and click off the eye in the text box it will do the same thing. I do this a lot when I have several things on my mat but just want to print out one or two things. The eye symbol on the right hides whatever you don’t want shown on the mat when you send it to cut. Big fan Anna!!!

16. Barbara F says:

Thank you for these instructions. ** I would really love to see a video of an intricate Anna Griffin Design cut using the Perfect Palatte papers. My Cricut Explore will not play nice with these papers no matter what design or setting I choose. And it will only cut your designs at large sizes, forget about anything card sized,or heaven forbid, smaller.

17. Barbara F says:

Yes, but unfortunately you have to wade through a LOT of not-so-good youtube videos before you find one that helps. (I find that many of the Cricut videos are a bit vague/general in nature and just stop short of explaining what I’m actually looking for.)

18. hobo says:

These instructions are great, IF you have wifi and IF have your machine and computer synced. Using just the cartridge in a legacy machine?????

19. Roseanne G. says:

On behalf of all of us who are “technically impaired”, thank you for these instructions. Now maybe I can attempt this more confidently. I have most of your cartridges and my lilac Cricut explore, and yet I feel lost all the time. Again, thanks so very much for this and for all the beautiful things you do.

20. Anna Griffin says:

Sharon- Cricut’s YouTube channel has amazing instruction. You can also search what you need to know on YouTube and there are countless videos!

21. Barbara Kruza says:

This looks amazing! I could have used this for a wedding I just attended to this past Saturday!

22. Bonnie W. says:

I have been spending a lot of time catching up with my albums and cards and having a ball doing it. Love all my Anna products. Best wishes to you. Bonnie W.

23. Sharon Alpert says:

Thanks, The biggest drawback to the cricut is it’s lack of instruction material…I have to find the problem in the FAQ’s and then backtrack…It’s very time consuming. I have complained to the company but no book yet…Otherwise I Love Anna!

24. Gloria Westerman says:

These are so pretty…I love all your cartridges…can you show us more of your cards that you have made…tfs

25. Bobette Larsen says:

Thanks. I just got my cricut last week. Having fun. Could you tell me which butterfly design you used when you made a white-framed picture in either Feb. or Mar.? Thanks – Bobette