More Anna Griffin | Create Fun!

Hi everyone!

Anna Griffin | Create is truly the gift that keeps on giving! It has been a whole week since the event, and we are still receiving fun gifts and kind words from all who attended.

First, we wanted to share a poem that our friend (and resident poet) Penny Comeau wrote that we read before dinner on Friday evening. It’s odd, because we almost emailed her and asked her to write one prior to the event- she read our minds! She also posted a second poem on Facebook yesterday that we’ll share with you at the end of this post.

Twas the week before Create
And all through Anna Nation
The Griffinites were preparing
For an epic celebration.

In a few short days
We would head to Atlanta
To finally meet each other
And, best of all, Anna!

November 13th through 15th
Those are the dates
Griffinites coming
From 37 states.

Our bags are all packed,
And we’re ready to play.
At the Ritz Carlton
Where we will all stay!

It all started out
with a gracious invitation,
Where Anna proposed
a mini vacation.

A weekend to cherish
Where we’d all come together
We’d flock to Atlanta
Like birds of a feather

There will be stamping and Minc-ing,
Die cutting galore
Cricut, embossing
And cards by the score

When what to my wondering eyes will I see!
Vickie Patricia and of course, Grama Pei
From California Oregon and lovely Indiana
Vivian and I from Maryland, all excited to Meet Anna.

Classes by day
And crafting at night.
200 anna fans
Oh what a sight!

When the craft room opens
There will be a stampede
All of us going
To get what we need.

At the end of the weekend
we will have lived our finest dream
All made possible
by Anna and her team!

How amazing is that? Love her! We also received so many gracious cards and gifts from you. So many that we cannot post them all, but we definitely wanted to share a few. Your kindness and generosity is above and beyond anything we ever expected.

IMG_ IMG_2 IMG_6539 Untitled-1 Untitled-2 Untitled-3 Untitled-4 Untitled-5 Untitled-6

Here is Penny’s second poem to take us into the weekend!

Twas the day after Create
and all through Anna Nation
The griffinites were exhausted
from our epic celebration

All our airplanes had landed,
Back to reality we came
But somehow we knew we
Were not quite the same.

The friends we knew online
Were no longer just faces
They were kind-hearted people
And we felt their embraces.

My suitcase was sitting,
still packed on my shelf
And I smiled when I saw it
In spite of myself

For in it contained my treasures From Create
Like my gorgeous glittered tote bag
and each make-and-take.

Beth, Cara and Sandy
all had such great karma
And we all loved the message
we received from Shivan Sarna.

I grin when I think of Anna’s dedicated friends
Who all went to such extraordinary ends. . .
To make our experience an absolute dream
Where we became a family,
with one common theme.

Cardmaking, scrapbooking
To make people smile
Layers of love with fabulous style.

When what to my wondering brain
do I remember?
Memories of fun, goofiness and splendor.

Meeting dear Anna
so lively and sweet
Truly humble and lovely —
oh what a treat

Then there was Michelle
with a giggle so charming
There was something about her
That was just so disarming

I met Ellen, Pat and Grama,
Who were all just great fun
And Vickie, Eve and Holly
With whom I hung out a ton.

Vivian and I flew in tandem
from our great state
Not two seconds of silence
After we met at the gate!

We couldnt stop talking
Lots of laughter abounded
And Vivian made cards
Which left me speechless, astounded.

As I look back on this time
With great joy in my heart
There were so many high points that set it apart

Anna’s office was gorgeous,
a true pleasure to see
Along with the design team
and sweetheart Ashley!

The warehouse was awesome,
The super sale, inviting
The whole experience was
Over-the-top exciting!

As I came back to my home
With a big smile on my face
It is my wish that all Anna fans
Can experience this place

With all of its passion, luxury and style
Where reality takes a back seat,
for just a while.

A big thanks to Anna
and her wonderful team
For allowing each of us
To realize our dream.

Bravo, Penny!

1. COCO says:

Thank you Anna for sharing. It was stupendous .
    You are as gracious and lovely as you appear on TV.
    Coco

2. RandellynB says:

So many wonderful cards and the poems are such a fun way to get a peek into such an exciting event. I hope this will become a recurring event.

3. Melody Barricklow says:

Watched Patricia’s video awesome.. 2 of my favorite songs. Girls Just Wanna Have Fun and The Music Box..
    The poem is awesome also.

4. Danita Currin says:

The poems are lovely, thanks for sharing. I feel like I was there after reading the posts and hearing first~hand from my bestie that was there. Anna, I’m the one you spoke to on the phone, too ill to attend. You are just as lovely & gracious as you appear to be on TV, as is Beth Kingston. I feel blessed to have finally “met” you. Thanks again for touching my life in such a meaningful way.

Thank you for sharing the poems and the beautiful cards with those who were not able to attend your spectacular weekend. I am happy everyone had such a wonderfully creative experience learning “Anna Griffin tricks of the trade”. Perhaps you could publish a book of the best cards submitted from all who attended. It would make a great memory for all those who did attend, and a real treat for those who could not. I promise I would be your first customer. Have a wonderful and blessed Christmas season Anna and Team.

6. Meg says:

Hi Anna, What a wonderful week-end you all had. Hopefully, next year I can make it with my future daughter-in-law. I was wondering if you are going to hold your Super Scrapbook sale this year? I was looking forward to it, and I haven’t seen anything about it.

7. June Schaub says:

The poems were wonderfful Penny – you are so talented!
    We always talk abt how people love our cards and won’t throw them away. Today I got a note from a cousin in Texas.
    She said: “A few days ago I was going through some cards I had kept and in that box was a beautiful one that you had sent me for my birthday several years ago. It’s multi-dimensional with pink and white roses and a pink bow. On the back it says “Hand made by Junie.” I remember I was impressed when I received it, so kept it, but wanted you to know that I will continue to keep it. One of the prettiest cards I’ve ever gotten from anyone. So, again, thank you.”
    So I just finished my Thanksgiving cards and now off to Christmas. I am dying to emboss with the baubles and bells! Thanks Anna for inspiring us!

Thanks for sharing the fun poems Penny! I was not there, but I feel connected to a wonderful group of people that are creative & giving. I am in Maui, but I still have it on my “hope” list for next year! I just loved all the pictures. What fun!

9. Diane Lynne Clemen says:

Wonderful poems. Thanks for sharing them. Wish i was lucky enough to afford the trip, but I spent all my money on AG products.

10. Penny C says:

Wow, I am overwhelmed by the kind words. Thank you all. Anna is an inspiration and her wonderful team is the icing on the cake!

11. Joan Baker says:

One week on from “I Create” in Atlanta I am in sunny California feeling like I had the best dream of my life……that I actually met Anna Griffin and spent a weekend crafting with all her beautiful products! No…wait it isn’t a dream…..I actually did it…..and I have photographs, make and takes , wonderful memories and all the treasure trove of “gifts’ to prove it really happened! It truly was the best experience of my craft life. Thank you Anna and your amazing staff..you are all wonderful

12. Julie S says:

Wow! Sounds like a Great, time was had by all. We would love to have you come to the Beautiful state of Maine.

13. Pat C. says:

Great poems! Thanks for sharing. What a wonderful event this must have been.

Club Scrap has retreats in Wisconsin. For those not able to attend, they offer RIAB…Retreat in a Box. All the supplies for classes and gifts and goodies for a reasonable price. There are online video instructions as well. It’s a great thing.

Perhaps Anna will see this, and think about doing something similar for those not able to attend in person.

14. Audrey Olander says:

Penny, your poems are amazing! Thanks, Anna, for posting the cards which are so heartfelt. Wish I could have gone, maybe next time.

15. Sonia Cintron Rosario says:

I am attracted to poems and when they are as logical as those posted by your page I fall in love with them. Keep sending the ideas that are as beautiful as your mind and your creations.

16. June Estep says:

the comments and poems and postings and shares all are appreciated by those of us who wish we could have been there too. I feel a little like I was. Thanks everyone.

17. Joanne Spalla says:

Great poems, Penny. Thanks for posting this–the poems are definitely going into a prominent place in the scrapbook I am making to remember this awesome event.

18. Doug G. says:

Two Beautiful Poems and many Stunning Cards. It had to have been an AMAZING time for all that were fortunate enough to attend the 2015 Create Event !!!

19. Vickie Conquest says:

Anna and Team: every one of these beautiful cards reminds you how much you are loved and appreciated! Before Create, during Create, and forever more, you all will hold a special place in our hearts for all the goodness and beauty you bring to all our lives! And I adore Penny and her poems, she’s fantastic!

20. Anita from Florida says:

You are truly blessed with having the kindness, talent and generous heart that you do. I love your products. I hope you have another one next year because I will definitely be there. Thank you.

21. Debbie says:

One day I hope to have the honor of meeting you in person. I know I will be speechless, This is on my bucket list. I never had ever heard of you until we got cable a about 2 years ago, you are living my dream, I have been a crafter since I was about 5 years old and am now 55. I think our birthdays are really close to each other. One day I hope to meet you and see all the goodies you make, of which I have many items, because when you are on, I get as much as I can. Gods best to you and your team.

22. barbara Kirchner says:

Thanks for the poem and cards to share..I wanna go next year…Sounds like such fun and educational…but the friends you meet with something i n common I bet was the best time ever…

23. Doris Minear says:

Thanks for posting the poem, and thanks to its author, such talent.
    When ever I feel a little down, I think of the wonderful time I had at Anna’s Create.
    Would do it again in a heartbeat. Thanks so much Anna.

24. Aurora Riffee says:

Thank you for sharing the poems. How talented you are Penny. I know how much fun it is to craft when I have all the card making items at hand from Anna. Everything goes together so quickly. .Happy Holidays to every one.

25. Carole Carlson says:

Hi, I’m kind of new at this..I have bought so much of Anna’s products and I find each package I open is more beautiful than the last.Love reading the poems. I would love to attend one of her events. Thanks Anna for sharing your talent with us.

26. Bonnie W. says:

What lovely poems and thanks for sharing. Hope you are all rested up from your fun time and ready for another show on HSN! Best wishes for a wonderful Thanksgiving. Bonnie W.

27. Rhonda Williams says:

Anna, thank you for posting Penny’s poems. My scrapbook would not be complete without them! Create was the most inspiring event I have ever attended, truley the trip of a lifetime. Rhonda Williams

28. Barbara F. Smith says:

It sounds as if everyone had a wonderful time. I hope that you will plan one for next year; so that even more of us will be able to attend.

29. Penny K. says:

Penny the Poet is awesome! We have been on-line friends for over a year now, and she writes poems to encourage and entertain. She has also tried to get me to call in when you are on HSN by writing a poem about it! When you have the two of us together, you have our “two cents worth!” I am looking forward to your CREATE II…

30. Cheryl Crites says:

It sounds like this was a thrill of a lifetime for all. Please do this again so those of us who could not attend this event will get another opportunity to experience Anna Griffin and all the wonderful creativeness gathered in one room.

31. Cynthia Jimenez says:

Wow, wouldn’t it have been great if it was available on video including break out sessions, too so we could see all of the festivities and awesome crafting? For those of us who weren’t able to attend, we would have loved it!

32. Betsy Carty says:

Hey Anna. Enjoyed the poems. Sorry I missed it. I know you had loads of fun. Will be getting more ready for our family card making get together, featuring Anna Griffin products. 🙂 Wishing you all a wonderful Thanksgiving. Love and blessings, Betsy from NC

33. Jonie Isenberg says:

How lovely for all of you! I am so happy you all got to visit the south. We southerners are a gracious bunch. Maybe one day I’ll be healthy and get to enjoy the fun you all had.

Hi Miss Anna & Team!

Peny!!! What a fantastic summary of the fantastic weekend we all shared! It is perfection!

Thank you for sharing this with us Anna! Everything Penny spoke of in her poem sums up my feelings exactly! There are just not enough words to express my gratitude!’

Thank you for your vision of the Create Event as well as bringing it to fruition! Planning everything, and I do mean EVERYTHING down to the last detail

Truly a MAGICAL event that I will never forget!

35. Eve Yeung says:

Haha, I would not be surprised if you receive a card from every attendee! I know mine is in the mail, hopefully it will arrive soon and in one piece. You, your team, and all the instructors deserve much more thanks, but a card (and a small token) is the least we can do! Thank you again for an incredible weekend, one we will not forget anytime soon!

And Thank You Penny for two totally awesome poems that sum up our experience!

36. Ann says:

Great pics. The poems are fabulous.
    It’s true. We all know so many of these people now and that is a gift. I have some friends lined up to come craft next week and share the fun.

Very thankful that I could have this experience

37. yadyra marrero says:

Peggy is multi talented for sure.loved the poems and the beautiful cards shown. God willjng next yr. I can attend, keeping my fingers crossed. Love you Anna

38. Irene says:

Penny, thank you for the memories through your poetry. And to all who shared their beautiful creations. Sounds like a wonderful time was had by all.

39. janet anderson says:

Oh man the tears are rolling down my face..this was so beautiful and for those of us that were lucky to attend a couple of poems that will remain in our hearts..thanks for being so creative with words!!!

40. Julie Blake says:

What wonderful poems – bring the occasion to life for those not there! Thank you Penny!
    I am so happy everyone had a wonderful time, but really, was there ever a doubt?
    The cards are beautiful – thank you for sharing them. Julie

41. Sylvie says:

What beautiful poems Penny, that’s a memory for a lifetime.

Anna, please have more of those but in the West, please. We love you Anna and we want to experience a weekend like that. Thanks.

42. Mimi mertens says:

It all sounds like a wonderful dream. All Anna’s exquisite style. Loved the pictures and the gorgeous cards. I wish I could have been there.

43. grannyD says:

Anna:
    Thanks for the second update and for sharing the thank you’s you received. You should not be surprised as this group loves TO create and share what they have done, just like you do! t is what we do…..
    I was there in spirit and if ever held again, will be there in person. (darned Doctors tend to have unchangeable surgical schedules, oh drats )

44. LindaCC says:

Amazing cards! Amazing weekend! Fantastic Anna and team for a job more than well done! Delightful poems that say it all! Wonderful women from so many places full of smiles and laughter and just plain fun! We were pampered and exhausted! Elated and surprised! Still smiling!

45. Brenda from VA says:

Amazing poem and beautiful cards. Thanks for sharing Anna. Hope you do this again next year; if so I wlll be there. Happy holidays to everyone!