Holiday Trimmings II Card Tutorial

Hi there!

We hope you had a fabulous Thanksgiving holiday. Can you believe it is officially December? That means it is time to get moving on all of your Christmas cards, and we are here to help! This card from the Holiday Trimmings II Card Making Kit is the perfect place to start.

finished

This collection is the encore version of our popular Holiday Trimmings Card Making Kit. Two of our favorite elements in the kit are the glitter flourishes and foiled 3D bows, and this card uses both of them to make a simple but stunning statement. When you finish crafting with the contents of this green box, you’ll have 30 finished (and highly embellished) cards.

To start, we selected the kraft dot card base and adhered a 4”x6” red striped layer. Make sure not to adhere it completely to the card just yet- you’ll be tucking the gold flourishes behind this piece!

base

Now we’re going to show you a trick that will make your glittered flourishes go a long way. Use a craft knife to cut two of the medallions in half, adhere to each corner of the red layer as shown and tuck the ends underneath. Don’t forget that these embellishments are already stickers- just peel off the back!

cut

corner tuck

fourcorners

We chose the wreath, 3D bow and a Happy Christmas sentiment to finish off this card. The wreath is the perfect size to cover up the rough edges of the medallions! We recommend using foam dots or double-sided adhesive to secure the paper bow, and we love curling the tails with a pencil for added dimension.

wreath

finished

Sign the back and it’s ready to mail! How easy is that? Here are a couple more cards we made from this kit to get you in the spirit…

card2 card3

Last but not least, more thank yous we received from Anna Griffin | Create attendees! These two beautiful projects were given to us at the event from Sally Fasano and Dawn von Rosen in California.

fancards

The mail just keeps coming and we could not be more grateful for this outpouring of support!

fancards2 fancards3 fancards4 fancards5 fancards6

Bye for now!

1. Debbie Siddle says:

So many pretty things. Just wish it was a lot easier to get hold of your products over here in England.

2. Diane R says:

New to AG community and finished my Christmas cards with the AG Holiday Trimmings Kit my sister gifted to me and my friends loved them.

I have ordered AG Joyful Phrases Card Sentiment Inserts recently to make other cards and I noticed all the inserts are “Vertical”. Do you have any card inserts that are “Horizontal”.

Thanks

3. S Barr says:

Where can I purchase the AG holiday home decor cartridge? HSN has a package that includes the cartridge, but I don’t need all of that

Thanks Anna for the tutorial. So nice of you to share all the thank you’s. All of them are just beautiful.

5. chayden says:

Thank you Anna for sharing that tip…So clever…I will use it!!
    I always look forward to your posts…I can’t say enough about your products.. they are the BEST!!!

Thank you, Anna and Team, for the wonderful tutorial! And for sharing the great thank-you cards you are receiving from Create! I STILL get all giddy and happy whenever I think of those magical days! I wish I could have stayed and met everyone and gotten to know you each a bit better!

Beverly, your card is lovely! I hope the things you have been going through this year soon become a successfully-negotiated challenge, as looked back upon from your blessed future. Good luck to you, Beverly!

8. Mewsmomtoo says:

Thanks for showing us the Christmas cards & posting more of the “thank yous” from the Create event. It’s wonderful to see all the creativity! I hope you’ll keep posting them as they land on your desk.

P.S. My favorite Patricia Watley picture from that amazing weekend was the one where you have your face buried in Georgie’s beautiful fur coat. It touched my heart to see that you made him a part of Create & that you love him so very much. ♡♡♡

9. Anne says:

Thank you so much! Sending wishes for the Merriest of Christmases for all the lovely folks at Anna Griffin, Inc. who work so hard to fill our lives with beauty!

10. Joee says:

ANNA, NOBODY HAS PRODUCTS FOR CRAFTING THAT EVEN COME CLOSE TO THE BEAUTIFUL THINGS YOU OFFER. I HAD A BLAST TODAY BLOWING MY BUDGET ON YOUR GOODIES! I FINALLY GOT YOUR CUT AND CREATE BOOK PLUS SOME LOVELY GOLD CARD LAYERS, A NEW DYE AND A NEW EMBOSSING FOLDER. YOUR SUPPLIES MAKE MY WORK LOOK STUNNING!

11. RandellynB says:

Beautiful cards and what a great tip for extending the use of embellishments. I always am reluctant to use a fancy embellishment because of it getting hidden away! This way allows ‘more is more’ in true Anna style! Really appreciate your company, your style and quality products. It didn’t take long to become a Giffinite! Happy Holidays to you and your creative staff!

12. Mary Ann Larson says:

Love the ideas. I’ve been working on my Christmas card kit each evening and coming up with some great ideas. I love my kits.

13. Jan Thomas says:

They are all lovely, I love card making and card gazing (looking at other peoples creations)

14. Mary R says:

I’ve made a few of your cards (followed the pictures-thanks for including them) and they are quite grand. I’ve made a few modifications here and there, but pretty much stick to the designs you show. I added more adhesive, as I didn’t feel confident about the tiny pop up dots.

15. Faye Thompson says:

Those examples are lovely and thanks for the tips on how to handle the accessories. Love the result.

16. Lin M. says:

Thank you for the reminder to think outside the box – cutting the gold flourish! In your class at the Create Event you showed us an effect we could achieve by cutting an ornamental embellishment and layering it with another… And Kay reinforced the fact that it is OK to cut embellishments if you need a smaller/different size one… But I still would not have thought of cutting that gold flourish!
    I started on the pop-up Christmas cards a couple of weeks ago with my Mom – we had a blast. I just have to get the rest finished and get them mailed. Thank you for the inspiration!

17. deborah j.t.m. says:

Great timing Anna!! I just pulled that golden box out of my supply closet and placed it on my desk today… thanks for giving us more ideas and options to stretch our embellishment and medallion supplies….!!

I’d really love to see a Christmas kit (next year maybe?) that has more of the Wreaths, HOLLY and Poinsettia’s to use for our cards, those are my FAVES. 😀

Merry Christmas to ALL!
    deborah/TN

18. marie sierra says:

thank you for the great idea of dividing up the gold flourishes!! this makes them go even further!!
    merry christmas to all!!

19. Beverly Jordan says:

I’ve been going through too much lately and wasn’t able to attend your wonderful event! Hoping to sometime in the future though. I loved this kit and purchased it last January or February so that I could work on it a little at a time. Just posted the first card on my blog today: http://beverlyjordan.blogspot.com/2015/12/anna-griffin-christmas-card-of-2015.html
    Also gave your info out to ladies I scrap with. Love your esthetic and inspiring pieces! Keep them coming and Merry Christmas, Anna!!
    Beverly from Orlando

20. Linda Valoy says:

Thanks Anna for that great tip on cutting the flourish. I always feel bad when I put a flourish on a card and then cover it up with flowers. Now I will feel Happy.

21. Bette Sines says:

I agree with the lady that requested smaller flowers and smaller embellishments mixed with larger embellishments. I do feel my cards are beginning to look a little too similar as I go along. I do love all your ideas, but could use maybe more assortment of lace, plaids, woven strips, sunrises and sunsets, streams, oceans, waterfalls, etc. Along with all the flowers.I do not want to slow down on my card shopping, but may have to give myself a little break from all my flowers. Oh…wow! I hope not!! But I love you and everything you do to pieces!!!

22. Mary says:

Hi Anna, I mailed you a Christmas Card today made from the Pop Up Kit. The snowflakes are my favorite. Hopefully it will get to you one of these days. Thanks for all the beautiful things you share with us.

23. Annette J says:

Thanks for the wonderful ideas for the beautiful cards. I forget that some of the items can be cut and used in a new way….thanks for the reminder. As always I am impressed with the designs and the quality of your products.

24. TeranceH in Texas says:

Your ideas surly inspire me, i wish i had more time to create, maybe i just need a maid so i can have time. LOL. I have requested this a few other time so i just continue to put it back out there, wish you had more 12″ embossing folders that you can do scrapbook pages with maybe with smaller scaled down patters i love the ones you have and i got all the 12″ borders Cricut had on sale for Black Friday i am really loving these for my large projects just getting stale on patterns. Enjoy you holidays and cant wait for whats out there in 2016.

25. Carol says:

I am nearly half way through my Christmas.cards. I have purchased your Christmas card kits the past four years, and with so many extra embellishments, this year I decided to pull out the leftovers from the past years and combine them together with this year’s kit. The embellishments blend together beautifully! Adding some of the AG Christmas dies and embossing folders, plus cuts from your Christmas carts and a little foiling too, I am able to create some amazingly beautiful and unique cards.

Anna, I love your products … they help me create cards that dazzle … my family and friends love them. And best of all is that it is so easy and fun. THANK YOU

26. Lynette Star says:

The cards are stunning. I always get compliments from people I give Anna Griffin cards to. Anna, keep coming up with your fabulous ideas/designs. Thanks

27. Diane Fletcher says:

Would love to see you come out with a set of the paper bows — like the white (with gold lines) from last year’s Christmas card kit (as pictured above) — love, love, love those bows!!! Thanks Anna!

28. Doug G. says:

Card is STUNNING !!! Can’t wait to try one myself. All the THank You cards are GORGEOUS and I am sure well deserved Anna!!!
    Happiest of Holidays !!! Can’t wait for the Super Sale !!!

29. Betsy Carty says:

Hey Anna. Wish I could have been there. The highlight would have been to meet you and give you a hug. Thanks for all you’ve shared with us. Thanks for the tips as well. Wishing you well through all of the holidays with special Christmas blessings. Peace, joy and love, Betsy from NC

30. Lynn Ossolinski says:

Thanks for the tips on using the gold & silver embellishments. I have saved them up from various kits.
    The idea of cutting them apart is great! Now the rush in on to finish the Christmas cards. This will help stretch out the glitter and shine!

31. Barbara F. Smith says:

Thank you for inspiring us, not just for the holidays, but all year long. All of us who watch you appreciate your hard work and creativity!

Anna, I just love it when I receive your e-mail. I save all of them to reference the enclosed beautiful and creative ideas you so generously share with your fans. I am so thankful for your wonderful company. Can’t wait to see what you have in store for us next year. In the mean time,have a wonderful and very blessed Xmas and New Year.

33. Cruz says:

Awesome! I’ll apply some of these tips to future card making excursions, because I made these 30 cards in less than a day! Yay!