The 2nd Annual Anna Griffin | Create

Hi everyone,

2016 has truly been the year of the sequel! We have been striving to make things bigger and better for you, our loyal fans throughout the year. A week and a half ago, we hosted the 2nd Annual Anna Griffin Create where 209 crafty people met at The Grand Hyatt in Atlanta, Georgia for an unforgettable weekend of learning, crafting, meeting new friends and making memories to last a lifetime.

dsc_6037

At this year’s Create we had attendees from 40 different states – from as far away as Eagle River, Alaska and as close as our backyard in Atlanta, Georgia. We loved meeting each and every one of you and hope to see even more of you next year! The people and passion for making beautiful things is so inspiring and amazing to experience. Thank you all for your love and support. It means the world to us!

Registration consisted of the gift tote to end all gift totes, chock full of beautiful products, a Create t-shirt and so much more.

reg

After registration it was time for autographs, introductions, photo booth fun and Make and Takes. Attendees lined up for a meet and greet with Anna and our wonderful HSN teachers/hosts: Amber Kemp Gerstel, Beth Kingston and Shivan Sarna.

dsc_6070

dsc_6189

dsc_6105dsc_6110  dsc_6126 dsc_6127

dsc_6168

Next was the big Gala Dinner! The ballrooms were adorned in black, white, turquoise and gold with a splash of pink of course! Blooms filled the stage, complete with pink uplighting and crowds of excited people. The food was delightful, and dessert was even better! Penny Comeau wrote us a delightful poem, Shivan Sarna interviewed Anna, we played Create-topia with Amber Kemp-Gerstel and Beth Kingston. The highlight of the evening was when the President of HSN, Bill Brand surprised Anna on stage with an enthusiastic welcome and congratulations from HSN.

dsc_6215 dsc_6221 dsc_6226

dsc_6261dsc_6265 dsc_8772

dsc_6250

dsc_8857dsc_8807 dsc_9035

dsc_8801

paula-warren-2

After dinner, the magical Craft Room opened, and everyone was in awe! The room was full of creative energy and a jaw-dropping amount of products! Just think about what 25,000 sheets paper looks like. Then there were over 2,000 kits for everyone to play with, over 75,000 embellishments and hundreds of inspirational projects. Oh my goodness, it was a crafter’s dream come true!

dsc_9047 dsc_9138

dsc_9114

dsc_9104

This year we had a dream team of talented teachers! The classes were full of tips and tricks and attendees left with new skills and incredible finished projects.

dsc_9249

dsc_9307

dsc_9294

dsc_9398

We rounded out the weekend with a private warehouse sale where attendees were able to see where the magic happens. Our headquarters glowed!

blend

What an incredible 4 days we had together, and we wish everyone was still here having a blast!

We are looking forward to next year and we’re happy to announce that the 3rd annual Anna Griffin | Create is officially happening next year. Mark your calendars and planners now for November 9-12, 2017! Registration will open in January.

dsc_6493

Love,

1. Anna Griffin says:

Hi Traci,

It will be in Atlanta, GA again this coming year on November 9- November 12, 2017. We will have details soon, and registration opens in January.

2. Anna Griffin says:

It includes classes, supplies, hotel, most meals, etc. We will have more information when we open registration for the third annual Anna Griffin | Create in January.

3. Anna Griffin says:

We’re so glad you had a wonderful time, Debbie! Thank you for the kind words, and we hope to see you again next year!

4. Diane Reese says:

For my first time at Create, I had the best time ever with my sister. It was a bit overwhelming at first but enjoyed meeting other Griffinites, loved the classes and the craft project room was amazing. Anna you and your Team were outstanding and Thank You for a memorable experience. If I am able to attend next year, I will surely need a bigger suitcase!

AG Warehouse tour was amazing, wish we could have seen the new studio. Hopefully next year. I can now check this off my bucket list as attended with my sister.

5. joan carney says:

Anna are you having your annual clearance sale though Amazon? If so has a date been picked. I so look forward to these sales every year. Happy Holidays.

6. Carolyn says:

Wonderful time creating beautiful Anna Griffin items! Thank you Anna and your fabulous team for a fun time in Atlanta!

7. Michelle Munnings-Smart says:

Happy Thanksgiving all!! Thank you so much for sharing! I so wish I was able to go!!! My eyes watered when I read all about what fun was had!!! I so wish I could of been there!!! I can just imagine!! Like Ms. Vicki, I have started to safe!! This time no touchy the savings!!! No matter what!! Lol!! Create is so much!!! Wooooo!!!! Hi Grama!! I see you girl!!! Lol

8. Leonora says:

Anna, will you ever have a create in the UK, also will the Glorious Greetings Cardmaking Kit & Christmas Botanical Die Set be on the creaft channel before christmas?

9. Sandra Griswold says:

Happy fantastic thanksgiving Anna and staff.Do hope and pray I can come next year..Go a d it was such a good time for all that a tended.

10. Mrs. Mary Huff says:

Jan,

I don’t think Anna wants to bring her warehouse with her but I wish she’d have it in the Summer so we don’t have to worry about ice and snow like here in Michigan.

Again, Happy Thanksgiving to all Griffinites:-)

11. Debbie Wilson says:

I can’t begin to tell you what fun my sister and I had at your event. It was classy, classic and just a fabulous experience. The rooms were great, the classes were fun and I learned a lot in each one of them, the teachers were personable and talented, the food was just beyond wonderful,,,,I can’t find enough superlatives. And you are just as friendly and gifted in person as you are on tv and on your blog. I came home with some fabulous creations as well as memories. Hoping to be able to attend next year.

Oh what fun Anna! It was wonderful to share in it through the pictures & film! I hope to go to Create 3! Aloha!

13. Jan B says:

Thanks for sharing everyone!! Would love to come next year!!! Would you consider having more, smaller scale Creates at various locations across the country? Wishing everyone the happiest of holidays and new year! Thanks Anna! Ihave Jan 10th marked in my planner!

14. Sharon S. Carmichael says:

Looks like a great time was had by all! Could a non-attendee ask some participants the favorite thing that they learned at Create II was?
    Especially loved the little girls dresses made from Grace fabric. If I had a little girl, that’d be a required purchase.

15. Laura says:

Wow this just seems like the most amazing thing a person would have the opportunity to go to. I can’t even imagine how amazing the craft room must be, let alone the opportunity to learn from such great teachers. I am thankful so many of you got the opportunity to attend. I will keep this on the very top of my amazing, one of a kind, dream come true, wish list. I’m so glad so many had the opportunity to go. Anna thanks for all you do.

16. Sherri McSpadden says:

This event looks like so much fun and a total class act–only what you expect from Anna. I am very much interested in getting more information about the event. Does registration include all classes and crops? Do attendees have to bring a lot of crafting tools/supplies? From pictures it looks like most everything is supplied, but just curious. Are hotel rooms separate cost or included in registration?

17. Traci Starkweather says:

This looks like it is a memorable and exciting trip! I would love to do this! Who wouldn’t?

Can you please share the location for the next class and the average cost for this past class? (At least then I will be able to see if it’still even in my ball park.) I realize the next class may be a different price, but just an idea, PLEASE!

I really think a lot of people would love to come to Central Florida. No sense being near the attractions when we are spending every waking moment creating! I suggest a place on the beach, or Sarasota area. It is very inspirational!

Thank you for any hints you would please offer.

He IS Able!
    Traci Starkweather tracistarkweather@gmail.com

18. Mary R says:

Looks like you all had such a great time crafting and meeting one another. Hopefully I can meet you one day too, Anna. I’d think I was in Heaven in your craft room!

19. RandellynB says:

Fabulous video and so many nice people. I hope to come to Create one day. Thank you for sharing photos and the video.

20. deborah j.t.m. says:

Thanks for posting the great pics, looks like a wonderful time was had by all.. would love to attend #3!

21. Coco says:

cREaAT2
    I had a glorious time especially having my lovely
    Daughter crafting with me,
    The hotel was lovely the staff was
    Excellent
    The Hotel was lovely. The redistration persons were delightful. The rooms were clean and well kept

The food was in the weekend was unsatisfacory

. Especially classes
    I

22. Vivian Kochis says:

You gave us another great opportunity to learn, Create and have fun. Thank you,

i’ve already started to save for next year.

23. Irene Matas says:

Sheer elegance! And a great looking bunch of elegant ladies. What more can I say. Best wishes for next year and just can not wait to see what new products you and your team brings us. Happy Thanksgiving, a Blessed Christmas and prosperous New Year to all.

24. Maureen m says:

I can hardly believe all those attendees all had a fabulous time . Create II must Have been beyond everyone’s expectations it sure reads that way. My sister and I are new to Anna’s blog but not to love of creating especially when using Anna Griffin products . We are planning and hoping to be attendees next year. Thank you Anna and your team for a great year of marvelous items , ideas, inspiration, tips and so much more but mosty for your weekly blogs. Happy Thanksgiving to all and ❤️ to all griffinites

25. Vickie Conquest says:

I’m so grateful to have had the opportunity to go again this year…..to give dear Anna a hug, to see my friends dear faces once again, and to get all the tips and techniques my lil’ brain can handle on 3 hrs sleep a night, lol! Anna and her Team are superb in their catering to all of us, who does that? Thanks for all of you, for all that you do, and Happy Thanksgiving!

26. Vickie Conquest says:

Oh Tammy, I’m so sorry something happened to prevent you from coming this year! We EXPECT, yes EXPECT, you to be there next year (it’s not that far away!), and I want you to find me personally so I can jump up and down with you and celebrate your being there!

27. Annette J says:

So beautiful and elegant. It looks like everyone had a wonderful time. I am so happy for everyone who was able to attend. God Bless and Happy Thanksgiving to you Anna, your staff and all the wonderful Anna Fans.

Bonnie, I am on the West Coast. I must say that Atlanta is the furthest I have ever been from home. And yet, in Anna’s company, you feel like you are still at home! I hope you get to attend!

Oh, Jerilynn! DO come to Create!! Its the best time EVER! I need to do the same as you need to- more crafting! Fun!

Susan, Oh, I LOVED the page swap! I didn’t get nearly enough pages from attendees, (because I wanted one from each and every person, of course!) yet my beautiful aqua scrapbook that houses them is too small… Must move to a bigger scrapbook! They don’t all fit- Already!! Which is a wonderful thing! SO many new friends!

31. ᗷᖇOOKE says:

I try to live in the moment, with no regrets…. but gosh that really did look like fun. Now I want to go, even more than ever. I think I might pout. Or maybe create something? I will feel better.

32. Cindy says:

This was truly a trip and experience of a lifetime! Thank you Anna and the team. Looking forward to Create III!

33. Lisa Premo says:

*** what a luxe event! I was fortunate to have a roommate who loved the craft room as much as I did – until 3am style! It made getting up at 7 a bit difficult, but we made the most of it!
    The classes were great – I learned a lot.
    Create II was a true class act!
    Thanks so much to Anna, the instructors and all of the staff!
    It took me a whole week to fit all of my new things into my craft room!
    Cheers and Happy Thanksgiving!

34. Carol Jones says:

Your event looks so amazing and fun! I hope to be able to go one year. I’m going to ask Santa to get me a ticket to your next event. Thanks for all you do Anna!

Hello Miss Anna and Co,

What an AMAZING Event
    Create II was! I thoroughly enjoyed every single second of it! Everything was so well planned and thought out down to even the smallest detail!

Elegant? Absolutely! Yet casual friendly and informative!

A truly outstanding event that I hope to make a yearly tradition!

An ENORMOUS thank you to you and your crew for hosting and planning this one-of-a-kind event!

Happiest Thanksgiving!

36. Cheryle Livermon says:

What an amazing weekend! My sisters and I will try to make this an annual sister trip. So much fun, so much to create and new friends. The planner was just what I needed and appreciated – it had been on my warehouse shopping list.
    Looking forward to Create 2017.

37. Susan Urch says:

The first Create was amazing with us all thinking nothing could top it but Anna you and your staff did just that; it was amazing and I’m sure all that follow will out pass all that have gone before them. I was so pleased my daughter Angharad was able to join me once more and that she will be able to so in years to come, the wedding is getting closer with each passing day. Anyhow, thank you for a great Create II and to everyone who participated in the 6″ x 6″ page swap.

38. Gracia Lanza says:

Thanks for sharing the pictures of such a wonderful event of creativity!! It would be a dream come true to attend one someday! Congratulations!!!!

39. Jerilynn Olson says:

I loved how pretty all the women looked and the huge smiles they all had. I think I will attend next year. I better hit my craft room though. I still have so much product left from last year that I still haven’t used. I need to make room for next years treasures! Glad all you ladies had such fun.

40. Eve Yeung says:

It was such a marvelous time! Reuniting with old friends, and meeting new friends! The second time was even better than the first, it was such an amazing experience. It’s so hard to describe in words, you just have to experience it for yourself. And Penny’s poem!! Here’s to Create 3 in 2017!

41. Sylvann Fuller says:

What a fabulous time my daughter and I had. One of best experiences ever. Everything was superb and and so well organized. Can not wait to return next year. three hurrahs Anna!

42. Jo Ann Kindinger says:

Thank you so much to Anna and staff, this birthday weekend was one for the books. Enjoyed having my daughter Megan Courtney along to help me celebrate! Megan and I are already saving for next year. The hotel was wonderful and the location was also great. Megan and I made lots of new friends, including Dianne McDonald and Chrissy Oldock Fleischer.
    Thanks again Anna and all for a great weekend.
    Jo Ann Kindinger

43. DEBBY says:

Thank you for all the picture .Hope to make it there next year . Happy Thanksgiving to every one and be safe .

44. Dianne Ducharme says:

It was so much fun! The hotel, hosts and attendees were so gracious. Made new friends, learned new techniques and came home with a plethora of goodies! Thank you Anna for such a wonderful memory!!!

45. Bonnie Berner says:

How beautiful! This event is on my bucket list. Georgia is far away for me but I won’t give up hope. I love embossing.

46. Victoria DeYot says:

It looks absolutely marvelous!!! I’m so jealous, but I will be there next year especially since it is on my birthday! After all, how could my family deny me that, all kidding aside they are very good to me.
    I so wanted to go this year but we just moved my mother into our home and it was (and still is) pure craziness around here.
    Anna, I am one of the very blessed ladies who one the Cricut when you previewed it on HSN last time. I can’t tell you how very overjoyed I was. It was extremely humbling. Thank you just doesn’t seem like enough to say. The girls have already gotten into it and I’ve found more cartridges that I didn’t even know I had.
    We had a mini card making party this last weekend with only 4 of us to make Christmas cards for our Navy men and women that have just enlisted and will be in boot camp over Christmas. I had 3 different kits from you and tons of other stuff and we all had a ball. We had so much fun that everyone wants to do it again. We even had the men popping in here and there and completing a card. I think we will do it again while I have the momentum going and make Valentines cards, Birthday cards, and a few others to send to them on the ships so that they will have something special to send home to their loved ones.
    With the passing of my father in March, moving my mother and all of life’s other distractions I had temporarily forgotten just how gratifying and renewing it was to just sit and create. It was a huge stress reliever and although usually such a perfectionist I find I am so much easier on myself now. The kits were great for everyone who had never done any type of papercrafting. Admittedly I do miss some of the “old” tedious hand cutting and embossing we used to do but I can do that at other times.
    Thank you again for the phenomenal gift of the gorgeous new Cricut, and thank you to Provo Craft as well. Most of all thank you for bringing three generations back to the dining room table to make beautiful things that can be shared and enjoyed all across the country.
    Happy Thanksgiving!

47. Rosina Wotton says:

Wow It looks just as I had envisaged – fabulous. I will put the date in my diary and hope for a lottery win in the meantime. LOL. I’m in the UK so it really would be the trip of a lifetime.

48. Cheryl says:

The weekend looks like such a blast. Lots of people and beautiful projects. It looks like a wonderful experience I would love to participate in sometime. Great job to Anna and her staff!

49. Ruth Manor says:

Wow! Looks like so much fun. Would love to be able to go next year. Any chance it could be held in Virginia so I could drive there instead of flying? lol

50. Bella Masters says:

It’s such a shame that everyone looks sooooo sad and sooooo bored! 😀 😀 😀 It must have been a really wonderful experience… such fun!

51. Patti jhones Jhones says:

for anybody that hasn’t gone yet put it on your bucket list I was a first time athen deep this year and I will go again next year it was absolutely wonderful weekend I’ll always remember!! I went all alone and I absolutely loved it…. the last time I felt such giddiness was when I was a child at Christmas…..that’s the truth!!!!….. the staff of the Hyatt wonderful and Anna’s team amazing I noticed if anybody had the slightest of a comment the staff bent over backwards to make us happy I did notice that it was awesome

52. Pamela Rohs-Gold says:

How fun you all must of had and the experience bet was sensational. Would love to go next year….we shall see if I can work it out. Thanks for sharing all your pix.

53. Kim k says:

Thank you for the great pictures. Wish I could have been there. Thanks to all that make the Anna Griffin brand possible. Happy Thanksgiving to all!.

54. Mary Beth Riley-Wallis says:

Thank you for sharing theses photos. It looks like a wonderful time. Also thanks for not showing the contents of the gift bags. I would have been jealous lol.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

55. Linda Citro says:

Oh this looks like a fantastic experience for all! I would love to join in some year, but as long as my friend is still teaching, this is the week she has off and we take our husbands on a Caribbean cruise…. Can’t wait for her to retire!

Hi Anna and Team,

I wish I could have been at your craft event but finances would not allow. Have to put family first. I loved the photos and all of the happy faces. Creating is a wonderful experience and it looks like everyone had a wonderful time.

I saw you on HSN yesterday and bought the beribboned dies. Want more but haven’t had time to explore the internet for new things I cannot live without.

Have a blessed Thanksgiving and Christmas. See you in 2017. Thanks for all you do. It really is greatly appreciated. You make my creative heart very happy.

57. Gwen Burns says:

An incredibly special time spent doing what you love that doesn’t like it could get any better and then you have everything Anna. All coordinating, beautiful papers, ribbons and embellishments at your fingertips. Who ask for anything better?

58. Jane R says:

Wowza! I so wish I could have joined you all! It looks like everyone had so much fun creating in a great Griffinite Fellowship! Hopefully, I will be able to swing it in 2017!

59. lillian l says:

Looks like everyone had a great time creating with Anna and making beautiful things… Going to make it my goal to get to one of these lovely events… It would be a dream come true…

60. Carol Jo Meador says:

Awesome. I love all Anna Griffin products and spend time making cards almost every day. Nothing compares to the quality. Would be so much fun to get together with a big group making your cards. Maybe some day that can happen!

61. ANNA ROBBINS says:

Wow! This looked to be a fabulous weekend! Guess I should try it next year! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
    Hugs
    Mstgane
    Ann ROBBINS

62. Susie rhoades says:

Wonderful experience, super people ,gifts galore!!! Everything you could dream of and more. Anna ,teachers and staff gave endless encouragement patients and ideas. Thank you all for a weekend to remember.

63. Melanie Bronov says:

Wonderful event! Thank-you so much for putting it on. Have a wonderful Holiday Season. See you next year!

64. Peggy Wiens says:

Wow!! How much fun is that and the learning and sharing of skills!! Would be a dream to go!! Thanks for sharing.

65. Mrs. Mary Huff says:

My own create show is my TV with all my Anna Kits beside me making LOTS of cards. I wish I could afford to do it but I can dream right?

Happy Thanksgiving to ALL:-).

66. Leslie Ramsey says:

WOW!!! Looks like everyone had so much fun. I wish I could go next year, but alas it is more money than I can afford. Still I can dream. Reminds me of all the fun we used to have at our last local scrapbook store which sadly closed in September. Happy Holidays to one and all.

67. Karen VanLoo says:

I loved seeing pictures from the craft event. I hope to be able to do that some day! What fun – I love Anna Griffin all year long, I love my AG craft room furniture and all of my lovely crafting supplies. It’s what makes me HAPPY!

68. Doug G. says:

STUNNING as I would expect nothing less from Anna Griffin and her team !!!!! Looks like a wonderful time was had by ALL !!! Maybe next year I hope !!!

All the BEST and HAPPY HOLIDAYS !!!

69. Dee Hilderbrand says:

Wow, what a great event! Enjoyed Create 2015, but I’ve got to say that Create 2016 was even better. I so enjoyed catching up with friends made last year and making new friends this year. Learned so much, all the new tips and techniques. And how exciting to receive that beautiful tote full of goodies. Not to mention all the gifts received throughout the weekend.
    Anna, you and your crew are truly wonderful.
    Dee

70. susan says:

I had so much fun meeting everyone and making new friends. I was hesitant to go, however I am so glad I did. Anna, her staff and instructors were so gracious and informative. I can’t wait for next year.

71. Barbara Mann says:

What an absolutely classy (and crafty) looking group of people. Looks like fun was had by all.

Happy, happy holidays Anna Griffin and team.

Cheers to you and much continued success.

Barbara Mann

72. Mary Helen Harris says:

What a wonderful event! Learning new skills joined with making new crafting friends made the weekend very special! Watching the amazing crafters at my table in the craft room was an eye opening experience! The friendliness and helpfulness of these people was so wonderful. When I was stuck on the IPad, getting frustrated with my lack of Cricut Explore skills, I literally called out, “Does anyone know how to get the IPad to work?” A lovely young lady from Austin came to my aide.
    Great job Team Griffin! Great job Hyatt! Loved meeting all my fellow Griffinittes!

73. Kathy Klosowski says:

Thank you Anna and Team for another memorable event. Like Vickie said, we came back to renew old friendships, meet new friends and learn techniques. This was my second Create and just like the last one, the memories and friendships are daily on my mind. All these wonderful memories make me smile everyday, just thinking about them. A blessed Thanksgiving to Anna and her Team and to all the Griffinites.

74. Tammy Whitley says:

I was so sad looking at all these wonderful pictures, as I had made a reservation to come and then ended up not being able to come. When I saw Anna on HSN on Sunday, I literally cried when she spoke briefly of Create. I hope I can go in 2017, Its a dream of mine, and it broke my heart in two when my dream crumbled. From the looks of all the pictures, I missed so much. 🙁

75. Laverne O. says:

Anna and Team, Congrats on the success of 2016 Create. I plan to attend 2017 Create, God willing. Thxs for the pics and recap of the event.

76. Diane says:

Looks like you all had a wonderful weekend!! I’m looking forward to 2017 and all the wonderful new ideas you will have for us, Anna. I loved the holiday bags you had on HSN on Monday but how about a kit so we could make our own. Have a wonderful Christmas holiday.

77. Mary Beth says:

*** – what an EVENT ( nice to see a few men – are they part of AG Inc.?)!!!
    Thanks for sharing pictures looks like a wonderful time was had by all.
    Hope all at AG Inc. can now relax for a few weeks? Recharge batteries for the New Year!

78. Shivan says:

What a treat to spend time with all of you! Looking forward to next year already. Happy Thanksgiving one and all! xoxoxo Shivan