Valentine’s Day is 3 weeks away and we thought you might enjoy a step by step Valentine card tutorial featuring our new Seasonal Love and Easter dies and embossing folders! It’s the season to celebrate love, and we can’t help but be enamored with the pretty pinks, reds, lace and Victorian inspired hearts. Let’s get to it!
You will need:
- Cuttlebug Machine– with A & B Adapter Plates
- Love & Easter Embossing Folders– Crocheted Hearts (folder and border)
- Love & Easter Dies- Heart Die
- Foil Flourishes– Decorative Sticker (2)
- Sentiment Sticker- “Love You” (from So Smitten Kit)
- Perfect Bow– (1) gold
- Ivory Folded Card- (1) 5″ x 7″ (from Ivory Cards, Layers and Envelopes)
- Pink Cardstock- (1) 5″ x 7″ Layer
- Seasonal Love/Easter Card Layers– (1) 5″ x 7″ Pink Patterned Layer
- Perfect Palette II Silver Glitter Cardstock- (1) 4.25″ x 6.25″ Layer
- Metallic Cards and Layers Ivory Cardstock- (1) 4″ x 6″ Layer
- Metallic Cards and Layers Gold Cardstock- (2) 4″ x 1.25″ Layers
- Sanding Block
- Double-sided Adhesive (tape runner)
- Anna’s Essential Tool Kit- (ruler, craft knife and mat)
Start by adhering the pink and white cardstock layer to the folded ivory card base with the tape runner.
Next, cut and emboss two hearts using the 5″ x 7″ pink layer.
Using a sanding block, sand the top of the heart die cuts to show the embossing.
Emboss 2 gold metallic cardstock pieces with the Crochet Heart border embossing folder and 1 piece of ivory cardstock with the Crochet Heart embossing folder.
Using your craft knife, fussy cut the border edges.
Attach the silver glitter cardstock to the card base with foam adhesive squares, then layer the ivory metallic cardstock on top of the silver glitter cardstock with foam adhesive squares.
Stagger both gold metallic borders and attach 1.5″ from the bottom of the ivory cardstock.
Attach Foil Flourish Stickers with foam adhesive squares.
Finally, attach the sanded hearts with foam adhesive squares, and embellish your Valentine with the Love You sentiment and the gold bow. Write a special note on the inside because nothing shows you care like a carefully crafted, handmade card!
Want a little more inspiration for your Valentines this year? Here are some of our favorites!
This first card uses our new Paper Tricks 3 curtain fold dies.
Love these heart dies from Spring 2016?
Our all time favorite card making kit – So Smitten is timeless.
Mark you calendars to check back right here for a link to our annual Scrapbook Super Sale on Monday, January 30th at 12pm EST.
Bye for now,