How to Series: Elaborate Card with Deco Foil

Hi there!

Happy Friday to you! Today we are continuing our popular DIY video series by making an elaborate card using our Deco Foil transfer kit and two dies from our Fretwork 2 Cuttlebug bundle. So, break out your crafting supplies and let’s make a card together!

For those of you who are asking for the Shaker Card instructions, here they are!

MATERIALS

All of the listed item numbers are from HSN, www.hsn.com.

• Anna Griffin® Gold Cricut Cuttlebug™ Version 3 522-138 – with A (6” x 8”) plate – 2 B (6” x 8”) Plates – 6” x 8” Rubber Embossing Mat
  • Anna Griffin® Cuttlebug™ Magnetic Mat 2-pack 528-936
  • Anna Griffin® Tool ‘n One with Multipurpose Craft Tips & Bag 457-852 – Piercing Tool
  • Anna Griffin® 50-piece Floral 3D Sticker Collection 147-141– 2 Floral Stickers
  • Anna Griffin® So Smitten Card Making Kit 457-834 – 5” x 7” Pink Tonal Card Base
  • Anna Griffin® DecoFoil Everyday Colors Transfer Kit 533-676 –1 Pink Foil Sheet, 1 Gold Foil Sheet, and 2 Sheets of Easy Cut Adhesive
  • Anna Griffin® Cuttlebug™ Cut & Emboss Die Set – Fretwork #2 479-775 – 2” x 4.75” and 5” x 7” Dies
  • 1, 5.5” x 7.5” ivory card stock
  • 2, 2.5” x 6” ivory card stock
  • Sentiment Sticker
  • Double Sided Adhesive
  • Foam Adhesive

INSTRUCTIONS

• Cut a piece of Easy Cut Adhesive to 5.5” x 7.5.” Peel off the liner and adhere to the 5.5” x 7.5” ivory card stock piece.  Place the 5” x 7” Fretwork II die face up on the Cuttlebug plates with the Easy Cut Adhesive/card stock piece face down, and then die cut.

• Remove the Easy Cut Adhesive backing from the die cut piece to expose adhesive. Place the Pink Foil sheet (pink side up) on top of the 5” x 7” die cut and press lightly.  Pass through the Cuttlebug machine to evenly apply foil to the die cut.

• Repeat the steps above with the 2.5” x 6” card stock pieces, gold foil and the flourish die.

• Adhere the pink die cut to the card base with foam adhesive. Attach sentiment sticker approximately 1” from the top of the card.

• Adhere gold die cuts approximately .75” from the top of the card, on either side of the sentiment, with double sided adhesive.
  • Adhere floral sticker embellishments and bow with double sided adhesive.

So beautiful! We hope that you take some time this weekend to make something beautiful! Have a wonderful weekend, and be sure to join us on Facebook Sunday for Sunday Share. Each and every week we love to see your projects!

Xoxo,

1. Lourdes Papac says:

Hi Anna: Thank you so much for the tutorials. I love Mondays and Fridays. Tuesdays through Thursdays are still open for you to show us more tutorials, ideas, samples, etc. anything you like. WE LOVE IT!

2. Regina Kahles says:

Wow Anna, what can I say, your videos are so inspiring and helpful in not only explaining techniques but also in getting our creative juices flowing again. I am always happy to see your videos and pics to help me kick-start a project. Thanks so much for all the time you take to inspire us all, it is so appreciated! You always do something that continues “The beautiful In The Making”
    We Luv Ya!

3. Gina Maria says:

Thank you Anna. Just sat down with the shaker card kit to start to make the cards and that was very helpful. And the videos are wonderful, I refer back to them often. Many thanks for all you do!

4. ellie k says:

I love when you show the techniques for your beautiful cards. You do it in just a few minutes and my crafting is ridiculously longer.. I could watch ou all day.

5. Debra Lovell says:

I love the Foiling… I wasnt able to purchase the foil machine on HSN.. But I really want it. I love the plate designs as I love your Style Anna… and Thank you for all you do!

6. Kaye Lystad Kirk says:

Thanks so much for this, Anna! I’ve got all of these materials and haven’t tried them yet. This will give me the OOMPH or the push to get going and give them a whirl! Thanks again!

7. deborah j.t.m. says:

Thanks for the How To on the foil, I have all these goodies and just haven’t had a chance to make a card using them yet.. but I did make my first Shaker Card… for my husband’s birthday… he liked shaking the sequins… and the fact that there wasn’t a single flower.. just stars, sequins and MANLY embellishments!!! 😀
    So good timing on all the HIM/HIS products for May!!!
    Thanks for all you do to help keep our creative juices flowing!
    deborah from TN

8. Mary R says:

Thank you for the tutorial on the foil technique, Anna. That gold is striking!! I am for sure going to give this a try. Can not wait to see your next show. One of these days I hope to meet you in person, that would be a dream come true for me.

9. Sandy Christman says:

Love the card! I really like the fretwork on it. Can you bring back fret work 2 back? I don’t know how I missed it unless it was when I was in the hospital. I had 4 major surgeries on my back in 12 months, so I could have missed that presentation. I really love the die that you used on this card..

This is great! I forgot when you told us we could still use the foil with the cuttlebug! I am so glad you showed this! Thank you!

11. Annette Johnson says:

The card is beautiful and thanks for the how-to it really helps. I missed out on the shaker cards last time and hope you will bring them back. happy weekend to everyone

12. Robert H says:

What I am starting to enjoy even more than the beautiful samples is that I can now begin and end each week with an affirming post on Anna’s blog.

13. Elaine Kapalin says:

Thank you for sharing this tutorial! This is a fabulous technique and as always beautiful projects!

14. Mrs. Mary Huff says:

OH WOW ANNA, I can hardly wait to try my hand at the shaker cards…thank u:-) Keep up the great work and I like the fantastic cards on here.

15. Judy says:

Anna, thanks for your wonderful tutorial on the foil cards – it is truly appreciated!! Is there a place to buy more adhesive sheets? Thanks for everything!

16. Pamela Doroshuk says:

Great video and instructions! When I am rushed or last minute things come up, I sometimes forget the different things that can be done and how to do them. Printing out the instructions make it easy for me to leaf through my ideas and jogs my memory on the appropriate steps and sandwiches. Thanks Anna & team!

17. Donna from Florida says:

Waiting for your series to air here in the US, like it does in the UK. Love your work.

18. Chris says:

So pretty. I am going to give this foil a try. I bought it and have been intimidated since I received. But after seeing this tutorial I am going for it!!!! I can’t wait for June 16. Lol

19. Kathryn says:

Thanks, Anna love this series. I would really like to see a video showing how to use the Decorative Border Dies?

20. Gail Mathis says:

Thank you for the Tutorial, I have forgotten much of what you did by the time all my purchases arrive. Oh! How I miss my mind! is my standard for being 85. Wonderful to be able to save this and do on my time. God Bless you & your team.

21. Carol says:

Oh Yes, that is definitely “beautiful in the making” … in fact, maybe we should say, “gorgeous in the making”

Dear Anna and Team,

Thank you for the tutorial. Very useful and inspiring. Anna, you make it look so easy. looking forward to your next visit.

Bye for now. Luv you guys!

23. Felicia Artis says:

Thanks Anna, I learn new things everytime. I look forward to receive your emails. I will be watching in June on HSN…..

24. Maureen m says:

I wait patiently every week for your blog here, I know I will never be disappointed , and I wasn’t. I love your how to tutorials on how you make these beautiful cards and even though they are mostly self explanatory. I would like to ask why there was no paper showing pictures of your different cards , usually just example of what you did or what we can do ( shaker box card kit) , I was disappointed in this omission. One last question the storage die folder only came with 5 papes( it did say this on hsn website) but I have 2 and they came with 10 pages , I do love them they are beautiful as well as functional and hold many many dies, but alas only 5 pages . Thank you Anna and team for all that you do and for giving us a way to vent good or bad

25. Donna Gowen says:

Thank you for sharing this tutorial! This is a fabulous technique and I cannot wait to try it on a project.

26. Linda Edinger says:

Is there any place where I can find a complete list and hopefully photos of all your die and embossing sets Anna! I’m in the process of organizing my massive Anna stash and have come across several sets I cannot identify lol!

27. Karen Asselin says:

Thanks for the tutorial on how to use the deco foil. Now I can see the need to own it. I like this better than the Minc machine because can foil our die cuts.

28. Sue says:

Thank you for the instructions! I reversed 2 and 3 and it worked as well. I hope we will see more shaker kits. I just love mine! Thanks also for the Deco foil instructions. Your kits are always wonderful, but sometimes we need a little help!

29. Donna M. DeGraw says:

Thank you for showing me how to do this. I finished all of my 50 cards that I had to make for my family reunion and got them all mailed out. Now I’m working on the album from our last reunion. Where the three sibling got to meet each other. This yemeet theLL 7 of them well meet together for the first time since 1953. So this going to be the first time the rest of the family has meet the rest of the family. I want to make a lot of the to put in that reunion album.

30. Siggy says:

How beautiful is the foil? Now there is something new I have to buy again. Anna, I love everything you make.

31. Carol S says:

Love the ease of this, but please tell me what purpose does the minc have after only about 2 short years? I feel like I have this machine that is now useless. Always love everything you bring us! Looking forward to making this card and others❤️

32. Kate Knutson says:

Thanks so much for sharing. It really helps to see how you use your products. Putting it in your blog allows us to go back and review the information when we have extra time to do so.

33. Tami W says:

Love this tutorial! Beautiful card and I think I have all the RIGHT stuff to create it! Looking forward to June!

34. Angel Cyr says:

Great Video / For The Beginner Card Maker ………….. but what about ” The Many Experienced Card Maker’s / Experienced Scrapper’s , like myself ? Your Stamps, Embossing Folders & Dies are Amazing … Would, just love to see you make a series of videos ~~~ to post on your blog ~~~ focused on more of an Artistic Ability Involved, for ” The Experienced Crafter’s, of America !!! ” Let’s Show England That Anna Griffin, of The USA Rocks, With Her Heavy Weight Card Stock !!! Keep Up The Great Work, Anna — The Crafter’s of America Love You & Your Products !!!

Angel

35. Mary White says:

Thank you so much Anna for the step by step video! Such a huge help to me! This card is definitely beautiful in the making! Love to all! Have an amazing weekend!

36. Pamela V. says:

I really cannot get over just home many good ideas you and your team come up with on an ongoing basis…fabulous!!

37. Julianne says:

Beautiful, thanks for sharing and showing the steps! One request, I’d love to see how YOU apply the adhesive, Anna. I never see adhesive showing and I have to imagine you have some tricks. I get webbing all the time when I use my Xyron. Please do share! Thank you!

38. Dalyce Mangum says:

Thank you Anna, for this tutorial.
    I bought 3 of these foil sets.
    I have been a little hesitant to start using it, but not anymore. I love your tutorials.
    Thanks again.

39. Sharon A. says:

So beautiful! Thank you for the video and instructions. I cannot wait to make this card! Have a wonderful weekend, Anna!

40. Linda Citro says:

Thank you for the inspiration. I have to make a Get Well and a Birthday card today and I think they will both SHINE!