How to: Colorful Christmas Double Gatefold Card

Hi there,

Today we wanted to dive into a fun way to add color to your embossed images! This project combines the gorgeous Christmas Tree design with 3 vibrant colors from our set of Chameleon Markers. Get out your Christmas Double Gatefold Folders from the October show, and let’s get to crafting! If you don’t have these exquisite holiday embossing folders, you can still get them here. You’ll get 4 beautiful designs, and friends and family will love to receive these interactive cards!

Christmas Double Gatefold

Finished Size: 4”x 5 ½” card

Materials:

• Anna Griffin® Gold/Ivory Cricut® Cuttlebug™ Version 3 510-398
  • Cricut® Cuttlebug™ 6”x 13” A Spacer Plate, 115-2174
  • Cricut® Cuttlebug™ 2, 6” x 13” B Adapter Plates, 114, 0198
  • Anna Griffin® Holiday Gatefold Embossing Folders, Holiday Tree, 574-338
  • Anna Griffin® Baubles and Bells Embossing Folders, Christmas Baubles Border
  • Anna Griffin® Holiday Vintage Collage Card Toppers, “Sending Christmas Cheer”
  • Anna Griffin® Chameleon Perfect Palette Markers, Red Coral, Evergreen, Warm Sunset, 532-431
  • Sentiment embellishment
  • 1, 5 ½” 12” piece and 2, 1” x 7” ivory metallic card stock strips
  • Adhesive (tape runner)
  • Scissors

Instructions:

Emboss the 5 ½” x 12” card stock with the Holiday Tree embossing folder.

Emboss the two strips of 1” x 7” card stock with the Christmas Baubles embossing border folder.

Using the markers, color the embossed tree as shown.

Assembly:

Adhere the Christmas collage topper to the inside of the card.

Close the card and fold the 1” x7” embossed card stock strip around it.

Cut the second strip of embossed card stock to approximately 3” long.

Adhere the strips together to form a band that wraps around the card, securing it closed.

Attach the holiday sentiment to the front of the band with adhesive.

Here are two other examples of how lovely cards made with our Christmas Double Gatefold Folders are!

Aren’t these cards so gorgeous? You can use your Chameleon Markers on all your embossed cards for a pop of color. On Monday, we are doing an exciting project with the Go Press and Foil Machine. Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Xoxo,

1. Lois says:

These are so pretty. I love the look of the colored markers on the embossing – especially on the tree design. Thanks for the ideas once again!

2. deborah from TN says:

Thanks for the info/instructions for these cards Anna!! I had noticed the Holly/Bow card during your HSN presentation, and/or it was posted in your blog b4 and wondered how you’d colored it. I have the Chameleon markers and love these embossed designs colored!! Yay!

3. April Powers says:

I have been playing for the past week with the terrific tags , cutting dies and stamp bundle. Plus the Christmas sentiment stamps and dies. I have been having a blast. I also purchased Printables volume I and gracious giftables cartridges. I can’t wait to get to making them. Love these double gatefold cards as well.

4. loretta wright says:

Just got on your mailing list . can not wait to see all the new ideas . I love your embossing folders .

5. Beatrice says:

Beautiful! Anna & the team love the ideas that you post! Can not wait to see craft show’s on 11/17 & 11/18. I’m finishing up Halloween cards and work on new Christmas cards designs! Thanks!
    Happy Halloween to everyone!!

6. Sandy Hanson says:

Your cards are just gorgeous. You have given crafters more ideas than they can handle at one time. Keep it up though. You are and inspiration to all.

Hi there Miss Anna and Crew!

I hope all is well for you and yours.

Thank you very much for the beautiful tutorial! Wow! What stunning cards these are!

See you soon!

8. Myrna Hartley says:

I love all these tutorials they give me sooooo many good ideas I thank you and the wonderful staff of yours.

9. Maureen says:

May I Add too, a shaker Halloween card set is a must for next year. I just finished making this years Halloween set and it is so fabulous. But a shaker card for kids would be spooktacula, just a thought!( or dies for it)

10. Annette Johnson says:

WOW….They are so beautiful and creative I don’t know which one I like best. Thanks again for the “how-to” on this it makes the project so much easier

Oh these are beautifully fun! Thanks for all the learning tips here. They inspire me to use what I do have. Those markers are on my list! And using a beautful topper inside! Yes ‘mam! That really tops it off. Thank you Anna!

12. Beverly says:

Absolutely beautiful and what a challenge it would be. I have bought several of the die cuts and have been getting creative. Enjoying the kits and adding my own touch to each card. The shaker cards are so much fun…how about a Halloween version next year!!! My grand kids would so enjoy them!

13. Angel Cyr says:

Such a ” Cute ” video, These two ( Helen & Anna ) always make for a great pair !!! Love The Fun, Involved !!! Watched it ” Live,” but enjoyed watching it, again ! I find this to be a great feature, with HSN ~~~ being able to watch videos, over & over, again ! For, whatever reason you may have passed on something, during craft day … you, normally always have a second chance to purchase, should the second or third time watching spark a new interest ! These Christmas Holiday Embossing Folders ~~~ are quite cute ~~~ I’m considering purchasing them, as these are something that I had passed on, but am now thinking that I could cut them apart and use them in a different way ! ~~~ For $ 39.95 ~~~ That’s A Real Steal !!!

14. Beth Gutzwiller says:

Always always always love that you give such great instructions on how to make such wonderful creations. Keep them coming!

15. Margaret Johnson says:

Love the clever use of a 5 1/2 X 12″ cardstock. A white core cardstock or mirror cardstock would work also.

16. Konni Andis says:

I love these cards! Chameleon markers are so wonderful! Also nice that this style doesn’t add bulk to Christmas cards. Sometimes postage gets really expensive when you send lots of cards!

17. Daisy Rivera says:

Dear Anna thank you so much for all your inspiring ideas and sharing them so so grateful I make beautiful cards thanks to you.love all your products paper embellishments love love love

18. Mary Eileen Wagner says:

These cards are beautiful! Thanks for sharing. I am having a blast with all of the goodies I got from you the last HSN show. Can’t wait until the next one.

Dear Anna and Team,

Love the above card. Love that it opens from the middle. I have to go now and visit HSN to see if I can still get the embossing folders. See you in November.

20. Donna Marie DeGraw says:

Beautiful cards. But I don’t have the gate fold cards. But you still dhow how beautiful cards can be. I love the idea of a wrap around to hold the cards together. Thank you for sharing your talent with all of us.

21. Maureen says:

Everything is always so beautiful with Anna. Thanks for showing us new ideas and new ways to use all of your products I do therapy with residents in a nursing home , one of them is art work mostly coloring, although these cards will not look like Anna’s creations it will be my residents individual creations which they share with each other that will be spectacular and brilliantly colored ( thanks to Anna’s products), love them all.

22. Jodie says:

Paper play is the best…folding, cutting, enhancing, mixing patterns and colors…and you give us such wonderful tools. Thanks, Anna…hope you and the crew have a nice weekend.

23. Nancy Itson says:

Those cards are beautiful and what a great idea! Thanks for the detailed instructions and a great use for the markers.

24. Michelle says:

Those examples are just stunning! You have once again shown us that a somewhat simple card using our embossing folders, ink, and one or two embellishments makes a card very elegant! You & your team are truly amazing & thoughtful.

Thank you for helping us find more ways to make beautiful cards with just a couple of items! You make everything Beautiful in the Making.

25. Mary White says:

Gorgeous examples of these beautiful cards! So blessed to have Anna in my creative life! Love everything Anna!

26. Marissia Seals says:

Thank you for these great examples. I bought all these products and have been wondering about what I should make with them. I thought I had bought the Christmas Collage Topers but sadly I think I did not order in time. Will they come back on HSN?

27. June Estep says:

Sometimes we forget how fabulous it is to emboss. We take it for granted now. I remember trying to use metal plates and light boxes…in my case-window, to just create a little flower or maybe a word. Then I would stare at it for a long time because I was so enthralled. Now, zip it thru the cuttlebug and BAM! Fabulous texture and pattern…and now folds. So easy and mix more fab ingredients and cook up a gorgeous card. So fortunate to be a papercrafter in today’s world. So fortunate to find Anna G and participate in this grande world of making items you can really be proud to send or offer. Now, coloring items too….wow

28. Winnie Johnson says:

Those cards are just gorgeous and I can’t wait to try out this technique. I am way behind on starting on my Christmas cards but I will get there. Thank you for this great tip. It sure makes those designs pop.

29. Robert H says:

The first card is beautiful and smartly elegant: it looks like a trapunto quilting style (I was there when it began in 1825) and even has the same colors and embroidered effects. I’ll have to give up my espresso before trying this at home with unforgiving markers!

30. Gina Maria says:

Beautiful! I have to try coloring some different embossed designs, I had done that in the past with the mix and match embossing folders but not for a long time.

31. Beverly Jordan says:

Those embossing folders are so terrific!! Makes it look so easy! And using the Chameleon pens was perfect accents!

32. Karen Lorenz says:

Thank you so much for showing us how to do the belly band. I can use this idea for my flip cards. Excited for examples of the Go Press and Foil coming up. Thank you again.

33. Terance in Texas says:

i just love that card, the folds are so creative and so may ways to finish them. Anna, do you have any more date on HSN this year or will we not see you till 2018.

34. Barbara F. Smith says:

What a lovely presentation and technique. The more I watch, the more I learn. Thank you so much Anna.

35. Debbie Martin says:

Thank you! These are beautiful examples of enhanced embossing. Now for me to get brave enough to apply this.