As promised we have an amazing card that uses several techniques and your Go Press and Foil Machine! What’s great about this card is that you get a foil outline, embossed foil layers and the regular foil stamped images. This project may be a little complex, but the outcome is definitely worth it! You’re going to create a card that is elegant, intricate and packs a serious holiday punch! At the end of the post be sure to read through some of our favorite tips and tricks for perfect results every time.
Are you ready to get started?
Shimmery Christmas Card
Finished Size: 5”x 7” card
- Anna Griffin® Gold/Ivory Cricut® Cuttlebug™ Version 3, 510-398
- Anna Griffin® Go Press & Foil Machine, 529-122
- Anna Griffin® Holiday Art Hot Foil Stamps, 572-701
- Anna Griffin® Baubles and Bells Embossing Folders, Scattered Holly
- Anna Griffin® Holly Cutting Dies
- Anna Griffin® Terrific Tags, Stamps and Dies, 505-094
- Anna Griffin® Pocket Embellishment Christmas Die Cuts
- 1, 5”x 7” ivory card base
- 1, 5”x 7” light green cardstock
- 1, 4”x 6” and 1, 3”x 4” green cardstock
- 1, 4”x 5 ½” dark green cardstock
- 1, 3”x 4” ivory cardstock
- Metal shim
- Cardstock shim
- Red bow
- Adhesive (tape runner)
- Foam squares
- Using the Cricut® Cuttlebug™ die cut the largest Terrific Tag die from the 3”x 4” green cardstock and die cut the 2nd largest Terrific Tag die from the 3”x 4” ivory cardstock.
Follow the steps in the Go Press and Foil instruction manual for the following:
2. Green foil on the light green cardstock using the Holly cutting die.
3. Gold foil on the dark green cardstock using the holly Hot Foil Stamp.
4. Gold foil on the ivory cardstock using the “Season’s Greetings” Hot Foil Stamp.
5. Use the Scattered Holly embossing folder to press the red foil to both pieces of green cardstock. Place in the Go Press and foil machine in the following order: metal shim, foil (colored side down), cardstock, embossing folder (open, embossing side down), cardstock shim.
6. Using scissors, fussy cut the Pocket Embellishment as shown.
7. Fussy cut around the dark green frame with scissors.
Adhere the light green cardstock to the ivory card base using a tape runner.
Using foam squares, adhere the green cardstock, then the dark green cardstock to the center of the card.
Attach the ivory cardstock tag to the green tag with a tape runner.
Using foam squares, attach the red bow to the tag.
Adhere the tag to the center of the card with foam squares.
Attach the fussy cut pocket embellishment pieces as shown.
- Cut the foil to roughly the same size as the surface to make a more even impression.
- If the foil is not making a clear enough impression, use an extra layer of cardstock or poster board as a shim.
- Place a piece of thin cardstock closest to the lid to keep the foil from getting on the lid of the Go Press and Foil Machine.
- When using a foil stamp or cutting die, heat it in the Go Press and Foil machine for 1 minute before adding foil or cardstock.
- When using an embossing folder, let the metal shim, foil, cardstock and embossing folder sit in the Go Press and Foil machine for about 30 seconds with the lid closed before running it through the Cricut® Cuttlebug™.
- When using an embossing folder, do not close the embossing folder. Leave the embossing folder open, with the back fold of the embossing folder on the cardstock, embossing side facing down. It is okay for the front fold of the embossing folder to hang out of the Go Press and Foil machine.
Here are a couple more examples of the professional results you can easily acheive with this machine and accesories!
Friday we will have another project for you to follow along and create with us! Be sure to tune in, and happy crafting!
Bye for now,