Welcome to a very scary edition of our blog posts! It’s Friday the 13th, and we are getting into the Halloween spirit with a frighteningly fun card! If you haven’t already, you have 18 days to get ready for All Hallows Eve! Today we are showing you how to use your Spooky Glitter Papers and our Halloween Paper Crafting Collections to create a card that is “booootiful” in the making!
Spooky Glitter Halloween Paper
Finished Size: 5×7 card
- Anna Griffin® Gold/Ivory Cricut® Cuttlebug™ Version 3, 510-398
- Anna Griffin® Spooky Glitter Halloween Cardstock, 442-900
- Anna Griffin® Fretwork Cutting Dies
- Anna Griffin® Paper Tricks Embossing Folders (“Pleated Rosette and Border Small”), 395-853
- Anna Griffin® Tool ‘n One, 457-852
- Cricut Cuttlebug® 12”x5” Magnetic Cutting Mat
- Cricut Cuttlebug® 12”x5” Embossing Mat
- Cricut Cuttlebug® 12”x5” Spacer Plate A
- 2, Cricut Cuttlebug® 12”x5” Spacer Plate B
- 1, 5”x7” and 1, 1 ½”x 12” orange patterned cardstock pieces
- 1, 2 ¾” x 7” black patterned cardstock piece
- 1, 3”x 6” orange glitter cardstock piece
- 1, 3” x 6” black cardstock piece
- 1, 5”x 7” ivory folded card base
- Black glitter bow
- Hot glue adhesive
- Foam squares
- Using the Fretworks die and your Cricut® Cuttlebug™ die cut and emboss the orange glitter paper.
2. Repeat step 1 with the black card stock.
3. Fussy cut the embossed die cut through the center of the circles on each side as shown, cutting approximately 1 ½” off each side.
4. Using the rosette folder and your Cricut® Cuttlebug™ emboss the 1 ½” x 12” orange patterned card stock strip.
5. Accordion fold the orange patterned card stock strip and attach the ends with hot glue.
6. Hot glue a small square of extra card stock to the back of the rosette to secure it in place.
- Using a tape runner, adhere the 5”x 7” orange patterned card stock to the ivory card base.
2. Adhere the black patterned card stock vertically down the center of the card with foam squares.
3. Attach the black die cuts to the back edges of the orange patterned rosette as shown. Then, attach to the center of the card.
4. Hot glue the orange glitter die cut vertically over the center of the paper rosette.
5. Adhere the sentiment with foam adhesive.
6. Attach the black glitter bow with hot glue.
Here’s another fun option! Use your Spooky Glitter Paper and Halloween Dies to create a scary spider web background!
Do you have a product request? Now is the time to let us know what that is! Post all of your crafty product wishes in the comments below and we just might make them come true!
Boo! for now,