Re-Cap the 3rd Annual Anna Griffin | Create

Hi there!

As they say, “the third time’s the charm.” Our 3rd Annual Anna Griffin | Create was just that, charming! The most wonderful group of crafters you can imagine met us at the Grand Hyatt in Atlanta, Georgia for an unforgettable, creative weekend. This year new friendships were formed, and fond memories were made. We crafted, we cried, we hugged, and most of all we created!

People came from 47 different states. We hosted crafters from as far away as Canada and as close as our fellow Georgia peaches! The best part of the whole event was being with you in person. Create is amazing in that, it brings together a group of people who share a common interest in making beautiful things. Nothing is more inspiring than seeing the love and heart that goes into making every project! That, my friends, is beautiful in the making.

I love my crafty friends Amber Kemp-Gerstel and Beth Kingston. They made the meet and greet a treat for everyone!

We had an afternoon of make and take projects where lots of cards, stylish jewelry and giftable magnets were made in a fun filled ballroom.

This year’s Gala Dinner was a beautiful affair with Parisian flair!

Our most poetic Griffinite, Penny Comeau delivered a moving tribute to all things Anna Griffin. Penny has graced us with her poems for many years and this year, she outdid herself!

Good times were had by all! The prizes were flowing, the excitement growing, as the world’s greatest craft room was about to open!

Imagine a room filled with all of our products, where you can make anything that your heart desires!

We hosted crafting classes for two days on home decor, gifts, embossing, die cutting, folding and the Cricut Maker.

My beautiful friend, Shivan Sarna and a live remote team from HSN joined in on the fun and broadcast the event on Facebook.

This year’s Create teachers were the cream of the crop, and had so many skills and techniques to share! Each attendee walked away with finished projects and tons of crafting knowledge!

The event ended with a trip to our headquarters for the Warehouse Sale! Our office buzzed with excited shoppers as they were able to see where the magic happens.

November 9th – 12th were 4 days that defined beautiful in the making. It was a truly special event and we thank you from the bottom of our hearts for joining us!

We are thrilled to let you know that the 4th Annual Anna Griffin | Create will be here before you know it! Mark your calendars for  November 15 – 18, 2018 in Atlanta! Registration will open in April and we will post that link here on the blog.

Love,

1. Roxann Higgins says:

Hope to be able to come to the next Create. Was fun watching live but would like to be there in 2018, Thanks to you and your team.

2. Myrna Hartley says:

Oh, it looks like you had a blast. Wish I were there but since my husbands illness I haven’t wanted to leave him. Glad everyone made it a date to remember forever.

3. Carolyn says:

Create 3 was great! Hope registration for #4 will be before April 25….. I am leaving for my “bucket” trip to China then and I don’t want to miss it!!!

4. Patti says:

Hi Anna and Friends! Beautiful job on the recap! As a first timer, Create was truly a crafters dream come true! It met every expectation and then some! Fellow Griffintes, if you have not gone, and you have the means, you MUST go! You will love it! There is something there for whatever kind of Crafter you are and let me tell you it is done FIRST CLASS and is Definitely BEAUTIFUL in the Making. I went alone not knowing a soul and believe it or not I was in line to register and met a wonderful woman (hi Kathy) who lives 10 minutes from me. And It was a nine hour drive!! I came in knowing no one, but left with lifelong crafty friends. Anna I just have to say you are one of the kindest most generous and thoughtful persons I have ever met and it was such an honor to meet you! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for an unforgettable Beautiful in the Making experience!!

5. joy sampson says:

Hi Anna! Wow Create sounds like a dream come true. it is quite inspiring to know you have made this happen, that it is real. One of these days I hope to join in on what must be an amazing experience. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! Love Joy

6. Beverly says:

What a wonderful event. To spend a weekend with people who want to create and share that beauty with others has to be the best weekend there can be. This event is on my bucket list!!! Hopefully 2018 will be the year I can attend. I wish everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving and holiday!

7. Beverly says:

Wonderful, Wonderful, Wonderful!!! This event is on my bucket list….I think I read that someone else has this as well. What a truly beautiful event and to be with people for a whole weekend who share the same goal, to create beauty and bring a smile to someone else! Which is what you do when you give someone something you made from your heart. I truly hope to be there in 2018.

8. Dorothy Melton says:

I tried to watch the live feed, but my computer kept stopping and buffering. It sounds like a grand time was had by all. Hopefully next year I will have better luck watching it. Happy Thanksgiving

9. Anne with an "e" says:

Good morning!
    Thank you for more looks at Create – the rest of us were there in spirit! (Parisian flair – sigh – my favorite!) And it’s nice to hear from so many attendees that it was as wonderful as it looked!
    As others have said, you’re on my list of what I’m thankful for – the beauty you share is a highlight of each week. Can’t wait to see all you have in store for us in 2018! Happy Thanksgiving!
    Regards, Anne

10. Barbara Laakso says:

I don’t ever want to miss this event again! Beautiful people, beautiful creations, just one overall elegance that permeated the entire event from start to finish. With so much going on out there in the world, this celebration of beautiful in the making brought each and every participant to a whole new continent of beauty, unparralled! Thank you so much Anna and staff and all who made it a different world for each one of us who were there!

11. Carla Haase says:

It is on my calendar to put a reminder on April 2018 to register for next year’s Create 2018. You all had so much fun and the relationships were so special and I want to share in that next year. Thank you for giving of yourself and your company to all of us, Anna. Your products reflect the beauty within you.

12. Mary Ann Scheifla says:

Hi Anna, this was mine and my sister’s first create it was a great pleasure meeting you we had a great time and enjoyed meeting all the crafter’s from all over the US. It was also a pleasure meeting all of the great instructors. I can’t say enough about the whole weekend great food, great accommondations and great gifts. The classes were very informative and fun. I hope we can come again next year or the year after. Again thank you for a wonderful weekend and have a great Thanksgiving.The M&M Sister’s

13. SheliaP. says:

Thanks Anna…….we’ve sure enjoyed the moments & photo’s you’ve shared of the Griffinites having the times of their lives! Love their beautiful smiles….pure joy!

Happy Thanksgiving to Anna, her team & all you cool Griffinites!!

14. Mary says:

Hi, I was at the first and second Create, but couldn’t afford it this year. I am putting money away for 2018. I will be going with so much excitement. I have worked at Joann’s for 15 months. I am there Cricut expert and number one seller of the machine. I will be there in 2018 and my boss and our customers know I am going. your number one fan, Anna in Minnesota.

15. Kathleen says:

How fun to see what actually goes on! Every one of those ladies are having a wonderful time. I want to go to the warehouse! I think I would like to live there!
    I am putting Create 2018 on my bucket list – Ive been thinking about it for too long – time to act!!
    Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas to all the Griffinites and Anna and Shivan

16. Lin M. says:

Thank you for sharing this event! I was happy to see the live streaming videos and tutorials on HSN since I’m not on FB. Thank you HSN!
    It looks like you all had a fabulous time! Hopefully I’ll get to go again!

17. Lindar says:

So thoughtful! Thank you for sending scenes from Create 2017. All those joyful faces.
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and your staff.

18. Donna Cogburn says:

Oh what fun for crafters. I️ bought my ticket to Create when they came out then bought my airline tickets and was so excited to go. But God had other plans for me. I️ ended up in the hospital with colitis and they actually found a blot clot on my lung. Needless to say it was so sad I️ couldn’t go. Not allowed to fly. I️ am going in 2018 if we have to drive. Am looking forward to meet everyone. Happy Thanksgiving to all

19. Kim Lawhorn says:

I was able to watch the live sessions a few times from HSN or your FB. It looked like so much fun. I’ve got to sign up for next year.

20. Mary Eileen Wagner says:

So many talented ladies all together and it looks like everyone was having a great time. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Would love to be able to be there some day.

21. Charlene Helgoth says:

What a wonderful event you had at the 2017 Create! I love the products, ordered some of them and can’t wait to try them out. Maybe I will be lucky enough to attend Create 2018! I would love it. Crafting had brought me countless hours of joy. I just finished making ornaments from the Anna Griffin Digital cartridge with all three of my grandchildren’s pictures on it. Stunning, made their mother cry! Beautiful keepsake for them and me!

22. Annie Laura Pence says:

Everyone looked so happy and pretty. Wish I could have been there! Wishing you all a Very Happy Thanksgiving and a Very Merry Christmas.

23. Annette Johnson says:

Congrats to all who were able to attend it looks live everyone had a wonderful time. I enjoyed the craft sales last week on HSN and look forward to more in 2018. Happy Thanksgiving to Anna, your staff and all the griffinites out there.

24. Vickie Conquest says:

What a wonderful time I had again this year! Thanks for your extraordinary event, teachers and everything beautiful!

25. Beth Gutzwiller says:

Everyone looked as though they were having a great time. Someday I hope to enjoy the festivities with you. Until then, happy creating all.

Yay, the video is like going back to Atlanta! I love it! Create 3 was the most fun I have had all year! It was beautiful, fun, a huge release from the daily grind, so a fabulous way to de-stress… Spending time with friends new and old was such a joy for me! I loved it so much that when I walked in my door after returning home, I wanted to turn around and go right back to Atlanta! ha! I miss Create 3! IF it lasted one more day, I would wish that Sunday night would be after-dinner visiting night, so I could spend a little more time learning about the other attendees… or perhaps a Craft or Visit… haha! OH, I could figure out a way to stretch it to two weeks, I am sure.. It was wonderful, and Anna and Team, Thank You Each, from the deepest part of my heart!

27. Angel Cyr says:

Thank you, for sharing some of your, wonderful memories made, with us, who couldn’t attend. So, cute to see all of the smiling faces ~~~ So, wonderful that you give of yourself, in this very special way … taking time to bless other’s. May God Bless You, Greatly ~~~ For All That You Do, For Other’s. You’re an
    ” Amazing ” Individual !!! … I, own so many different craft lines, of numerous products, but there’s something about your line, that ” SHINES ” ~~~ Perhaps, it’s because your life shines, also. Thank you, for all that you have done for us, in 2017 !!! Wishing You & Yours A Wonderful Thanksgiving !!! … We Are So Thankful ~~~ For You !!!
    Angel ( from Maine )
    I’ve found myself a bit, delayed, as I was given a deadline for getting my handmade items, into a Christmas, Gift Shop. I’ll be mailing your card out, tomorrow, so you should be receiving it, this week. Hope it makes you ” Smile ! “

28. Frankie Rolfe says:

Anna is there way you could bring Create to somewhere on the west coast?
    I am also wondering if there is any way you could try and contact a mother, and daughter I had contactact me from your website. I was trying to find friends that live local to me in Momroe, Wa 98272. I lost their contact info, my husband passed away this past summer. You have permission to give them my contact information. I am looking for other Anna Griffin fanatics toget together and make cards. If possible can you help me out..also if there are anymore of the newest crucuit machines in a drawing, it would really make my Christmas. The best way to get thru grief is to give back. It is the very best medicine!

29. Debbie Dunn says:

Hello Ann, it’s me Debbie Dunn again, I just watch the video, I so much enjoyed to see, familiar faces and some new ones I see, all have the time of their lives , Each one making beautiful things some created by you, and your fabulous crafting instructors too, everyone beaming with such excitement that if contained could light up the tree at Rockefeller plaza. What a beautiful sighting
    It truly must be for it shown in the faces of each attendee .

30. Lee Grace says:

Loved every moment in the video and all these great photos. What a fantasic crafting experience everyone must have had! —I ‘m so awestruck every time I see your wall of scrapbooking & cards in your Create videos!!!!

31. Deborah Holman says:

Oh. How. Wonderful. THANK YOU so much for the video and photos of Create 3. Every year my longing to be there grows deeper. Just about the time my savings for the trip start accruing you bring something new to HSN that we can’t live without! Hoping once again that Create 4 will be my year!!!

32. Eve Yeung says:

What a beautiful video, I think it captured the weekend spectacularly! As some others have said, I was smiling, laughing, and simply enjoying the entire time. Being able to craft with friends old and new, and have some of the best instructors is simply an amazing experience. The positive energy and camaraderie that exudes from everyone is simply indescribable. Thanks for another fantastic weekend!

33. Jo Ann Kindinger says:

Thanks again for a great birthday weekend! Met new friends and caught up friends from last year. Looking forward to next year when hopefully the whole gang will be back together.
    Made banners for my grandsons and had lots of fun using the Maker.

34. Sandy Christman says:

I would like more information about your event so I can try to come. How much does it cost, is it all inclusive like room and any meals? What supplies would I need to bring? Those kind of questions.

35. Debra Bonar says:

I have loved your products since the first time I saw beautiful cards of yours at a speciality store in Ann Arbor, MI back in the early 90’s.

How happy I was when you came to QVC! And thank goodness you are on HSN, I don’t know what I would do without my “Anna fix”.
    I own so many of your beautiful items, and can’t stop buying more!

I thank you for your wonderful talent and recreating things for us from your exquisite archive of antique fabrics.

I have never been to a Create Event, but I plan to attend next November!

36. Elizabeth Durrant says:

Wonderful video and seeing my friends enjoy themselves was a treat. Thanks for sharing photos and videos.

37. Yadyra Marrero says:

Everything looked great from the live feed. I hope that next year I can make it there.
    Anna, I want to wish you and your whole staff a Blessed and Happy Thanksgiving. X❤

38. Rosemary Whitacre says:

CREATE!!!! My first time at Create and more AWESOME than I ever could have imagined. Thanks to Anna and her Team for the quality, excellence, and sincerity.

39. Mary White says:

Thank you for sharing all the wonderful photos with us! It looked like a very happy time by all! Some day maybe I will be able to come to a Create! Wishing you and your staff a very Happy Thanksgiving! My best to you beautiful Anna!

40. Victoria DeYot says:

I met some wonderful people and learned some fantastic techniques. The Craft Room is AMAZING!! It is like Disney World for crafters, it cannot be described to someone who hasn’t seen it.

I’m still trying to find space for all of the things I brought back. What a haul!

41. Donna Marie DeGraw says:

Wow I wish that I could of been there. It really looked like fun. It looked like everyone was really happy to be there. Maybe in the next couple of years I could save enough money to drive out there. Thanks for sharing this time with us. IF anyone from Oregon reads this and you went. Could you give me a idea how much it cost you. How much did you needed to have to go.

Thank you for sharing.

42. Maureen says:

*** it looks like so much fun at create, I wish we could all attend. But your weekly blogs help so much for those of us who cannot make the create, and you do share a lot of your weekend with us. May you and your team have a lovely thanksgiving and please know Anna you are on my thankful for list, and not just for me but for all who so deeply benefit from your graciousness and crafting genius. Happy thanksgiving to all.

43. Chrissy Fleischer says:

I was So so sad to miss for a last minute medical emergency this year. Would have been my 3rd Create. I love to see the recap photos! Hope to be able to make it next year. Happy Thanksgiving Anna!

44. Mary Draffen says:

I had a wonderful time at Create3. It was my first attendance and now I’m already planning on attending in 2018 for Create 4.
    I must have expressed so much excitement over the phone to a friend who is now interested in joining me in Atlanta next year!
    The instructors were so easy to follow in the classes, they took our knowledge of crafting to another level and made us feel comfortable in learning something new, and I never expected to be in a classroom setting with Anna as my Instructor…Anna you made me feel capable of achieving it all! I now have purchased a brand new bookcase that contains all my “Anna Griffin”
    Products….Can’t wait to be at 2018 Create 4!!!!

45. Madelyn Horn says:

Anna your event looked great I wished I had attended. I hope to make it next year I live in NC so it is not that far.
    I bet a lot of crafters learned a lot from you hope to meet you next year

46. Melissa Kirwan says:

I can’t remember the last time I smiled THAT MUCH! Miss Anna, I liked you before I met you at Create, but now after meeting you and hearing you speak so heartfelt, I love you!
    The event was more than we ever imagined, and you are indeed the Hostess with the Mostest! Your generosity and genuineness touched our hearts. Everyone was super friendly, fun, and inspiring. We learned so much not just from the fantastic classes, but from others in the World’s Greatest Craft Room. Thank you for all your hard work, your fabulous staff, and your dedication. You’ve made “Beautiful in the making” a way of life we strive for.

We are very grateful for all of it, but mostly the inspiration you provide us on a daily basis. Thank you.

The Annabelle’s / Melissa and Felicia

47. Karen Asselin says:

Thanks so much for sharing. Also loved to be able to do behind the scenes with HSN and see what the attendees were making at Create.

48. Dianne D says:

What a wonderful event. Its the ultimate trip for Griffinites and all things Anna. I missed it this year but I’m planning to be there in 2018. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Anna and your staff!!!❤️❤️❤️

49. Susan Weatherly says:

Hmm, if I start saving my money now I could make it next year. I spend at least 300..00 on Anna’s goodies each time she is on HSN. I could cut back on that to help make up the difference.

Hello there Miss Anna!

What an incredible recap of the CREATE III event! Thank you very much. CREATE is truly a beautiful event, I heard people say this event was on their “bucket list “. Having been one of the truly blessed people who has attended, oh what a wonderful thing to add to their list!
    The classes are spectacular it’s true. But the feeling you receive while there is beyond description! I think this is a wonderful opulent, event that anyone would love! It’s almost indescribable!
    Graciousness served with creativity, fun and love. Truly a dream come true! A huge thank you to the hard working staff who taught the wonderful, informative classes. We received inspiration beyond imagination! Most of all, a beyond HUGE thank you to Anna for making a wondidea come to fruition! I have no words to describemy love for this event.
    A million thanks for the vision that came to life in a way that could only be accomplished by one person, Miss Anna Griffin!

P.S. The hotel staff was amazing and your staff, including the warehouse staff are the most incredible, accommodating people I know!
    Thank you beyond words!

51. Mary ann says:

Connie….I’m from Michigan and so want to go next year too! I am really thinking about it becoming a reality. I cannot fly and driving is my only option. I need a buddy.
    Will think about it more for sure!
    Thanks Anna for the beautiful pictures. You are truly the best!

52. Nicky Craig says:

Wow!
    Such an amazing event. I marked my calendar for 2018 & will start saving my money for a ticket.
    Have a blessed Thanksgiving! I’m thankful for Anna! OX
    Love,
    Nicole

53. Helen Kinert says:

It looked like so much fun!! I am coming next year for sure! I was able to watch the videos so that made it better. Thanks Anna for sharing with those that could not make it there.

54. Pat Park says:

I had a great time at Create 3. Looking forward to Create 4. Got it marked on my Calendar.

Create is a First Class experience.

55. Karen Fabian says:

The pictures look great. I’m glad everyone had a great time. Wish I was there. I hope I can make it next year!

Hi Anna and Team,

I am happy everyone at your craft event had such a good time. Crafting is uplifting and rewarding in so many ways. I envy you your crafty life. It must be such fun.

Happy Thanksgiving. Please know you are one of the things I am thankful for.

57. Connie Cox says:

Look like so much fun ,My husband told me I can go ,I have to fine a ride Im coming from MI . I don’t have money for a plane all so.So wish me luck.Hope to see you Anna . Love Connie Cox xo.