How to: Festive Christmas Parchment Cards

Hello friends,

We’re in full holiday swing here at the office, and we wanted to share two cards that show you how much fun our Christmas Parchment Layers can be! These layers are just begging to be colored, punched, cut and layered for a festive card that is beautiful in the making. Next week on December 4th, we will start our Product Previews for Craft Day on HSN January 10th. So much fun! Grab a cozy spot by the fireplace and let’s craft together!

Holiday Parchment Paper Crafts

Finished Size: 5×7 card

Materials:

• Anna Griffin® Christmas Parchment Layers and Embellishments (wreath parchment embellishment and holly parchment layer) 568-627
  • Anna Griffin® Parchment Craft Tools, 522-277
  • Anna Griffin® Perfect Patterns Christmas Cards and Envelopes (gold metallic card base) 574-354
  • Anna Griffin® Holiday Flocked Card Layers (green holly layer)
  • Red glitter paper, cut to 5”x 5”
  • Red, green and brown markers
  • Holiday sentiment sticker
  • Foam squares
  • Adhesive (tape runner)
  • Scissors
  • Paper trimmer

Instructions:

Cut green flocked card layer to 4 ¾”x 6 ¾”.

Cut holly parchment layer to 4 ½”x 6 ½”.

With the white lines of the parchment facing down, fussy cut the red glitter layer along the inside and outside edges to match the wreath parchment embellishment.

Using the parchment scoring stylus and foam pad, trace along the white lines on the parchment layer and wreath embellishment.

Using markers, color the parchment layer and wreath embellishment.

Using scissors, fussy cut along the right loop of the bow on the wreath parchment embellishment.

Fussy cut a circle in the center of the holly parchment layer.

Assembly:

Attach the green flocked card stock layer to the gold card base using a tape runner.

Using a tape runner, adhere the holly parchment layer to the green flocked cardstock layer.

Attach the wreath parchment embellishment to the red glitter paper using foam adhesive.

Place the holiday sentiment in the center of the wreath. Tuck under the fussy cut bow on the wreath parchment embellishment.

Attach the wreath and sentiment to the card using foam squares.

Here is another lovely example of what you can do with our Christmas Parchment Layers. Use the scissors in the Parchment Tools Kit to cut away parchment  to create breathtaking designs!

These cards are so beautiful, and will impress all your friends and loved ones who receive them! We love sharing these projects with you, and hope they leave you feeling inspired!

Xoxo,

1. Lindar says:

Such majestic cards! Thank you, Anna, for the step-by-step tutorials. I can not brain-create, but I can imitate well. Joyful holidays to all your staff and you!!!

2. Myrna Hartley says:

These are magnificent!!! I bought them but have arthritis and couldn’t even finish one. So sad as they are beyond beautiful Love them.

3. Angel Cyr says:

Haven’t, ordered these layers, as of yet, but … Ah !!!
    ” Parchment Vellum ” — What a nice material to emboss with ! Extremely, Elegant ! I L~O~V~E to run my parchment vellum through your embossing folders — Wow !!! … What A Look !!! …

4. Anne with an "e" says:

Good afternoon!
    These cards are absolutely stunning! Parchment crafting is so time-consuming… but these examples prove it is time well-spent! Thank you for the tutorial – hope you and all the Griffinites had a wonderful holiday weekend!
    Regards, Anne

Hi Anna and Team,

I love the look of parchment but it is really time consuming. I wonder if I have the patience. Have to think about if I should try it. Will keep you posted. I do love the way it looks……very elegant.

Oh thank you Anna for more beautiful inspiration & how to create it! It is beautiful! I have not tried parchment yet, but have everyone of them favorited! I love your blogs, always bringing beauty & happiness. Always look forward to everything you share.

7. Carol Jones says:

Absolutely gorgeous! I do hope these parchment items will be available in Jan. Because I wasn’t able to get them last time. I love all your items Anna. You are so inspiring!

8. Carole Effting Lohr says:

What a beautiful effect to be had using the parchment techniques, and it us aporooriate for so many tyoes of cards.

9. Shellie Fontana says:

Truly handcrafted, Anna! THANK YOU for designing and teaching it; AND, THANK YOU for the gift, having sent it to me in a prize-drawing, Anna–I hope my cards turn out as BEAUTIFUL as yours shown here. I love learning new techniques, ideas from your BLOG-tutorials, Anna!

10. Barbara F. Smith says:

A lovely and unusual idea for embellishing holiday cards. Thank you for your products and your inspiration.

11. Scott Austin says:

These cards are beautiful! I will have to try them. Just got my three shipped boxes from the Create 3 warehouse sale – lots os supplies – lots of ideas – too little time!!

12. Jeanne Murray says:

This parchment treatment reminds me of the Dotted Swiss and embroidered pinafores my mother used to make to go over our dresses. The were so pretty and starched to be the highlight of the dress, just like these cards. Children don’t get dressed up that anymore, but the layered opulence is still just as beautiful on a card. Well done, A beautiful accomplishment in design and creativity, sure to be cherished by ant recipient.

13. Mary says:

Love these Christmas Parchment items. So beautiful….what about some for Birthday, Sympathy, Thank You and Get Well.

14. Mary says:

These Parchment papers are beautiful. Have your other set but have not done much with it as yet. Keep them coming for Birthday, Sympathy, Thank You…….

15. Annie Laura Pence says:

I love learning new card ideas. Parchment paper is unique and fun. Thanks for inspiring us crafters.

Merry Christmas to Anna, Team, & Griffinites.

16. Beverly says:

So beautiful. I have tried my hand at parchment, but still learning. It is lovely and has an old time elegance to the finished product. Thank you for all your terrific ideas. My Christmas card kits have all arrived and I can hardly wait to send then out to all my family and friends.

These cards ARE indeed beautiful! I am PINING for my craft-room! AFTER tomorrow, I just know I will get time for me, and for crafting! WOO-HOO! (dancing in my heart!) Cant WAIT to join you each in crafting! Here Comes Santa Claus, Here comes Santa Claus,,, da-da-da-da-daaa!

18. Donna Marie DeGraw says:

Beautiful cards. Thanks so much for sharing how you put it together. I love the parachment paper. I can set and work on those everyday and it is so relaxing to just color them. These are also so pretty to put the parchment papers behind a picture.

Thanks again for sharing your talent with us so we can learn new things also.

19. Casey Walters says:

These cards are stunning! It would be great to work on the parchment layers while watching TV. Beautiful!

20. Mary Eileen Wagner says:

Love the parchment layers, can’t wait to get started. Of course I love everything you do and can’t wait until the next Crafting Day on HSN.

21. Kaye Lystad Kirk says:

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Either one of those cards would be perfect for my great aunt, who is my dear maternal grandmother’s only remaining sibling (who is a darling herself)! I think I just may have to try one! Thanks, Anna!

22. Maureen says:

Beautiful, I guess we should all be making our cards, yikes. Thanks Anna for all your weekly blogs it doesn’t matter old or new products 0r upcoming shows they are just full of great info and of course LOVE ❤️

23. Linda Davis says:

Thanks so much for this tutorial! I love working with the parchment papers you have developed, and this one opens up an entirely new avenue for me to explore!

24. Cynthia says:

I love the parchment layers. I think it is such a fun and unique card making idea! I’ve been trying my hand at it with your kit and these are some great ideas to get the creative juices flowing!