How to: Floral Decoupage Layered Card

Hi everyone,

In a week and a half, we will start our product previews for our upcoming HSN shows on March 7th. Our hours for Anna Griffin Elegant Paper Crafting are at Midnight, 11am, 12pm, 4pm and 7pm, 8pm and 10pm. Plus we have shows on March 14th too!

The Anna Griffin Super Sale is back, and you can find more details here! The sale will run from 12pm EST Monday, February 19th through 12 pm EST Tuesday, February 20th. You don’t want to miss this once a year sale!

If you are reading this blog and you live in Canada, we are officially coming back to The Shopping Channel on March 19th and 20th. It has been over 10 years since we were on last and time has flown by! I have put together a very special assortment of products for our big reunion. Stay tuned here for more details on how and when to watch!

Now, on to today’s card crafting project! If you haven’t already started playing with your Floral Decoupage Diecuts, the time to do so is now! One of our favorite die cuts in the set is this gorgeous, build-able vase full of flowers! Let’s make something beautiful together.

Beautiful Bouquets Decoupage

Finished Size: 5×7 card

Materials:

• Anna Griffin® Gold/Ivory Cricut® Cuttlebug™ Version 3, 510-398
  • Anna Griffin® Tool ‘n One, 457-852
  • Anna Griffin® Floral Decoupage Diecuts (flower basket and sentiment) 592-741
  • Anna Griffin® Valentine Perfect Patterns Cards (blue lace)
  • Anna Griffin® Flourish Medallion Die
  • Anna Griffin® 12” Border Stickers (1, floral and 2, brown)
  • (1) 5”x 7” yellow patterned card stock base
  • (1) Piece of ivory card stock, cut to 4 ¾”x 6 ¾”
  • (1) Piece of yellow card stock, cut to 4 ½”x 6”
  • Scissors
  • Foam squares
  • Adhesive (tape runner)

Instructions:

1. Using the Cricut® Cuttlebug™ die cut the yellow card stock using the Flourish Medallion Die.

2. Fussy cut the edges of the blue lace card stock base as shown.

3. Cut the floral border strip to 6 ½” tall.

4. Cut the brown border strips as shown.

5. Cut the yellow Flourish die cut in half as shown.

6. Assemble the flower basket die cut using foam squares. Layer the pieces in numeric order from bottom to top using the numbers listed on the back of the die cuts.

Assembly:

1. Using a tape runner, attach the ivory card stock to the yellow patterned card base.

2. Attach the blue lace layer with foam squares.

3. Using foam squares, attach the two brown border stickers vertically down the center of the card. Attach with the back side down so the white is showing and do not peel the sticker liner. You do not have to use this specific border design – any border in your craft stash will do!

4. Adhere the floral border sticker to the center of the card using foam squares.

5. Using foam squares attach the yellow Flourish Medallion die cut piece of card stock to the center of the card, horizontally. Overlap the two pieces slightly so the edges do not go over the side of the card.

6. Attach the floral basket die cut to the center of the card using foam squares.

7. Adhere the sentiment to the bottom left corner of the card with foam squares.

Anyone would love to receive the warm wishes sent with this lovely card. We hope you’ve enjoyed today’s how to. Are you ready to “ooh and ahh” over the talent and skill that has been received in the mail this week? Let’s take a look!

Here’s a closer look at the amazingly fun paper dolls by Denise! We’re in love!

See you on Monday!

Xoxo,

1. Kelly says:

This is just gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing. I’m really enjoying your tutorials too. I’ve been die cutting a bunch of Valentines Cards for my kids’ classrooms this week. It’s what I live for – tons of fun!!

2. Stacey Kapu says:

thanks for sharing another awesome tutorial! I so love fan mail fridays, the cards are beautiful, and the ladies so talented. Denise, those paper dolls are fantastic! I love all the outfits!

3. Angie Kindig says:

Such a beautiful card!!! So pretty and elegant.
    Love those paper dolls too! Happy Crafting to all!

4. deborah from TN says:

Some great cards… and loved the paper dolls!! She really nailed your wardrobe Anna!! Looks like some of the outfits from HSN or Videos we’ve seen. 😀

Please keep taping these segments, really love the beautiful cards and inspiration on using our AG products.

5. Sandy Christman says:

Loved watching this today but have a couple questions. I think I have everything to make your card but discovered I don’t have the blue lace cardstock or the yellow one used in the base. Please tell me from what they are from so I may try to locate within my supplies of from HSN to order them. I really like that blue lace card stock. Thanks for your help.

6. Denice with a "c" says:

Hi Anna, Goodness , I just love watching you open all the wonderful fan mail. soooo much fun and the paper doll added a big o’ smile to my face. Wow , what a talented gal…. by the way … DENISE… IF YOU ARE READING THIS TOO…. I tried to go to your blog / site to email you but it wouldn’t let me do that but I wanted to let you know that I was a Martin too before I was married so we have a lot in common except I spell mine with a “c”. Small world…. Anna, thank you again for sharing your fan mail… I really look forward to it and enjoy it greatly. God bless…Denice with a “c”

7. Mrs. A says:

What a delightful Friday post. Love the card using the very pretty Botanical Die Cuts in the Decoupage set. Would love to find the Border Stickers-not in my stash! How can that be? Denise, you are a genius. Making paper dolls of our Doll Anna. What fun you are having, Anna, with your mail. So glad you are sharing. And I hope we will be able to tune into your Canadian shows online.

8. Ruth Ann Martin says:

Anna – just wanted to thank your staff for their great customer service. I received the Treasury Notebook with a couple of the plastic holders torn on the side and just posted that as a warning because I thought it was from the very cold weather, to be careful when opening if live in this very cold winter weather. I just used clear packing tape and taped the side shut not expecting a replacement. Someone from your staff contacted me and said they would replace the 2 plastic holders when your office received them. I received them a couple of days ago and just wanted to thank you as I didn’t really expect or plan to replace them. Your staff was on top of it. Please thank them.

9. Gwen Ogburn says:

Anna, I love your card tutorials. Thank you for sharing them. I adore the fan mail that you share. I just shiped 200 cards for our deployed military and now I can play with all my new stuff. I am so looking forward to the Super Sale and craft day on HSN. I did not get the Decoupage Kit but maybe another time as it is so beautiful. Thank you and your team for all you do so we can have gorgeous items to play with and brightened another person’s day.

10. Cecilia Fisher says:

Love the paper doll and the decoupage card.
    I wish that I had purchase the decoupage card kit!

Warmly, Ceci

11. Gloria says:

Hello Anna!
    I always enjoy Fan Mail Friday! There’s lots of talented folks out there! Denise is really amazingly talented with her Anna Griffin paper doll and outfits. Brings back memories of Christmas when I was a little girl. I always got paper dolls and just loved them! Hope to make some cards soon with your Floral Decoupage Diecuts. Thanks for the lovely example. Looking forward to March 7th.

12. Grace says:

So far I have not created any cards using the Decoupage kit but your video has inspired me to get started! I also loved the card you received from Denise with your very own paper doll! It brought back so many fun memories! I loved playing with my paper dolls as a child and I had many, many sets. I can relate to what Beverly said; my Lennon Sisters paper dolls also were my favorites. I watched the Lawrence Welk show every Saturday evening and would create outfits for the paper dolls that were similar to what the Lennon Sisters were wearing. Of course I watched the show on our black/white TV so had to use my imagination when coloring my creations 🙂 Ah the memories…

13. Lillian L says:

Loving that paperdoll of Anna and all the cute clothing to go with it from the fan mail friday video! So cute! Love paperdolls!

The floral card is so pretty, may have to try that!

14. Myrna Hartley says:

I love the decoupage, thanks for showing us the step by step.

But Denise’s Anna doll is out of this world. Thanks Denise, this is so adorable.

15. Mary Eileen Wagner says:

Your ideas are always inspiring! Thanks for sharing your fan mail every Friday, so many talented people. The paper dolls are just fantastic.

Hi there Miss Anna and Co!

What a wonderful tutorial! I always enjoy, and need extra inspiration! I know just where I can get it too!

Thank you for starting Fan Mail Friday! The creativity and talent of this crafting community is astounding. ..

I’d also like to thank you for the info on your upcoming Super Sale. … I think we should somehow incorporate the words fast and furious!

XOXO

17. Yadyra Marrero says:

Love the tutorial.the card is gorgeous…now the paper dolls from fan mail friday are way too cute!! Can’t wait to shop on the upcoming sales!!

18. Sheila Adkins says:

I love the card, Anna. It is beautiful! Denise, your paper dolls are so creative and fun! They reminded me of making teeny tiny paper dolls that fit in a matchbox. I sold them for a penny a set to my classmates in third grade.

19. Kimberly Terry says:

That is a beautiful card. Thank you for showing us how to make that. I may not have the kit, but I have enough of your other kits I believe where I can substitute different dies and flowers and make pretty much the same card. You have inspired my creativeness. Thank you always Anna

20. Beverly says:

Love the paper dolls. This brings back a lot of childhood memories! Paper dolls were the rage, my favorite were the ones that I had of the Lennon Sisters! Boy am I getting old! Thank you for the lovely inspirations, it always reminds me that yes I CAN DO IT! Still hoping to see Halloween shaker cards! and something for the younger girls to do!

21. Beverly Limbach says:

Anna, this is my favorite sets of die cuts EVER! There is no way to not make a gorgeous card! It makes me so happy to have such lovely flowers at my fingertips. Thank you for such amazing, inspiring materials to make me want to get busy in my craft room each day! I am looking forward to your next show on HSN, but how can you make anything that is any more lovely than these flowers? Oh, I bet you can.

22. Sandra Griswold says:

Fun Friday!!! Denise your Anna paper dolls were awesome. Reminds me of my childhood when paper dolls were the thing.Of course I love the Floral decoupage Diecuts so so beautiful That is going to be my next purchase when I get paid!!!! I just sat down to make my valentines, so on with the fun!!! Take care.

23. Trudy Huskey says:

Thank you for showing the beautiful work. I have loved fashionable paper dolls, since I saw YSL paper dolls at the museum. I like these too.

24. Maureen says:

The card of the day reminds me of old botanical paintings and I simply love it. It’s almost like getting a bouquet of flowers. I to have put many of these flowers on my scrapbook pages makes them majestic. The paper dolls by Denise are beyond creativeness they are Devine and oh so so cute, great work. Might make a good child’s kit?? I hope that you, Anna, are working on a children’s card kit, that’s my big wish, hope it will come true. Thanks Anna for all that you do .

25. Carla Haase says:

The decoupage card has inspired me to do some. It is beautiful. And, Denise, your paper dolls are awesome!!! I love paper dolls and your Anna ones are over the top. ANNA, PLEASE GIVE US A KT, WITH DIES, FOR PAPER DOLLS, WITH AUTO SHIP…. IT WILL SELL OUT – TELL HSN!!!! Ask Denise to help design it!

26. Sally Bartlett says:

Paper dolls? I cherish those memories. Anna makes a terrific paper doll model and is cute as a button.

27. Eve Yeung says:

Love the card, the floral bouquet decoupage kit is definitely one of my favorite products! And what an awesome job by Denise on the paper dolls! Too precious!

28. Elizabeth A says:

The cards were inspiring, I love how the ladies used your goodies! Denise your paper dolls are awesome, what a gift of love and I don’t even know how you did them, such talent!

29. Kathleen Mills says:

Denise thanks for sharing those paper dolls! I loved paper dolls and of course always used to make my own outfits for them! Thanks for sharing!

30. Becky H. says:

The card is gorgeous. Thank you for the step by step. The paper dolls wonderful Denise. Paper dolls are what started my love for crafts.

31. June Estep says:

layering is incredible. I hesitate many time. I think I am covering up too much. I love the fearless approach where you just go for it and create a beautiful card.

32. Mary Jane Romero says:

Thank you for making it possible for ladies of all ages to play with our beloved brand of paper, cardstock, etc.

33. Denise Martinson says:

Oh, how kind of you to show my paper dolls on the blog. They were sent to say thank you for all you do and your products are just the best! Paper dolls are not for kids anymore. In fact, they are collector items, and many collectors keep them and never cut them out. There are some great artists who still produce them for the collector. Once again, thank you so much. I cannot wait until March to see what Anna has for us.

Best, Denise

Hi Anna and Team,

Love the tutorial. I save all of your blogs. The cards are soooo beautiful. I keep them for inspiration. Can’t wait for the sale and your return to HSN in March. Please bring more petite floral paper for card making. Love using it for backgrounds and for die cutting. Stay happy and well. See you soon.

35. Annie Laura Pence says:

Your decoupage Card is really neat.
    Fan mail was fantastic!
    I plan on using ideas from Fan Mail !
    Thanks Fans!
    The paper doll set is terrific ! I have loved paper dolls for a mighty long time In my mind since I don’t play with them unless putting in a scrapbook!

Happy Valentines to Anna, Team, & Crafters

36. Kim Woods says:

Perfect timing I was wondering how to use as I was looking at them the other day! They are so very pretty!

37. MtGlitterQueen says:

Love all the cards you get Anna. I cant wait to see the list for shopping and the new additions to your line.

38. Jodie says:

I find that the floral decoupage is a design staple…no matter how much I dress it up or keep it simple, it looks great. The paper doll creation by Denise is darling…you sure have some creative friends. Have a nice weekend.

39. Debbie Gilbert says:

Thanks for sharing, Anna.

Denise, those paper dolls are awesome. When I was a kid, paper dolls were one of my favorite things. Who knew Anna could be a paper doll!

Stay warm all! Freezing in Michigan.

40. Chris says:

I surely need to get cracking with using my Floral Decoupage Diecuts. They are so beautiful and I do love the dimension. Can’t wait for previews to start!!

41. Nora says:

I love this kit. I have made so many cards but I have incorporated them into my scrapbook pages and tthese embellishments bring my pages to life. Looking forward to March 7th.

42. Deidra says:

Although I love them all, this has got to be my most favorite embellishment kit. It is so “full” and vibrant – almost a no brainer for crafting a card front that looks sooooo very elegant!