How to: Charming Dresden Card

Hi there,

You only have to wait one more week until we will start our product previews for our upcoming HSN shows on March 7th! Join us for Anna Griffin Elegant Paper Crafting at Midnight, 11am, 12pm, 4pm and 7pm, 8pm and 10pm. Be sure to mark your calendars for our HSN shows on March 14th also!

In two weeks, the Anna Griffin Super Sale is back, and you can find more details here! The sale will run from 12pm EST Monday, February 19th through 12 pm EST Tuesday, February 20th. This fast and furious sale will have over 100 items for you to choose from. Stock up on your favorite crafting items for a year of beautiful in the making!

Are you ready for this week’s project? Today we’re creating a gorgeous card with our lovely Charming Dresden Trims! Let’s start crafting!

Charming Dresden Trims

Finished Size: 5×7 card

Materials:

• Anna Griffin® Gold/Ivory Cricut® Cuttlebug™ Version 3, 510-398
  • Anna Griffin® Charming Dresden Trims (butterfly and bird) 592-731
  • Anna Griffin® Spring Embossing Folders (Wildflower Blooms)
  • Anna Griffin® Summer/Fall Seasonal Layers (green paisley)
  • Anna Griffin® Pretty Patterns Cards (Camilla floral) 442-892
  • Anna Griffin® Favorite Flowers III (pink flowers) 552-844
  • Anna Griffin® Perfect Bow Assortment (small gold bow) 430-694
  • Anna Griffin® All About Birds and Butterflies (2, bird nest die cuts) 522-251
  • (1) 5”x 7” Ivory card stock base
  • Paper trimmer
  • Sanding block
  • Scissors
  • Sentiment sticker
  • Foam squares
  • Adhesive (tape runner)

Instructions:

Using the Cricut® Cuttlebug™ emboss the green paisley card stock layer using the Wildflower Blooms embossing folder.

Sand the embossed layer with the sanding block.

Cut the Pretty Patterns card to 4”x 5”, using the portion of the pattern shown.

Fussy cut around the floral pattern of the Pretty Patterns card as shown.

Fussy cut the bird nest die cut as shown.

Assembly:

Using a tape runner, attach the green paisley layer to the ivory card stock base.

Using foam adhesive, attach the Camilla floral layer to the bottom of the card, leaving approximately ½” border on the bottom and sides.

Attach the bird nest die cut to the top of the Camilla floral layer using foam adhesive.

Adhere the fussy cut bird nest pieces over the bird nest die cut using foam adhesive.

Using foam adhesive, attach the pink flowers sticker to the bottom left corner of the grey floral layer.

Adhere the sentiment sticker between the pink flowers sticker and the bird nest die cut, tucking in slightly.

Using foam squares, attach the gold bow to the bottom right corner of the sentiment sticker.

Adhere the butterfly and bird Charming Dresden Trims using foam adhesive.

What a great project to kick off the week! We will meet you right back here for Fan Mail Friday.

Love,

1. Mary Ann Larson says:

Always look forward to your ideas! This card is so pretty and gets my creative jiuces going. Looking forward to the super sales and new product reveals coming.

2. Hobo says:

Needless to say you have received beautiful and thoughtful cards/gifts from your loyal followers. I would send something but I would fear it couldn’t compare! I used the heart shaker dies to make my granddaughters Valentine cards. They came out really cute. Also included Dresden arrows on them. Every time I send then a card I try to make it in a different style. I don’t even bother to go to the big box craft stores anymore. I only buy your products. I have made a quilt and clothes for the girls using your fabrics, too. Just wish they were easier to find.

3. Leslie Ramsey says:

Beautiful card. Love the paper technique. What a great way to incorporate Anna’s papers in card making. Not much of a fussy cutter but with this technique it would cover up any mistakes. Living in our 23 foot trailer until we find our dream home so no room for shopping. But once we get our home our pods can be delivered and I will FINALLY have my dream craft room. Maybe then I can send something in to Fan Mail Friday Happy Crafting!!!

4. SheliaP says:

This is such a pretty card Anna.
    Thanks so much for the help.
    Looking forward to your fan mail tomorrow.

5. Corina J Black says:

Absolutely love the way the colors pop. Your kits make each card making a magical experience. Thank you so much.

6. Deidra says:

My card making skills – including fussy cutting capabilities – are improving thanks to your tutorials. Thank you.

7. Trish T. says:

Anna, Thank you for the card inspirations. Can hardly wait until next week. Something for the request list: a paper pack of just your green papers, I never seem to have enough in all your packs, It is the one that disappears first and fast. Love the medium green and the one with the floral damask! Thank you for all you do.

8. deborah from TN says:

Dear Anna and Gang..
    Thanks so much for reminding us it’s okay to cut up any/all of our embellishments!!
    In the past, I’d thought it was wasteful, but it’s more wasteful NOT to use them because they’re too big for this or that project.. CUT’EM DOWN and MAKE IT WORK as needed for our projects!!

I did that today for a Window Ledge card, just needed a couple more flowers, so viola’ cut them from one of the other die cuts in the kit… it was perfect!!

BTW… if you’re still taking ideas for new products.. would you please consider a “Purple Passion” type of card kit… there are so many violet/lavender/purple flowers that cold be used to fill a 20 or 30 card kit. If not a entire kit.. certainly an embellishment package… I know I’m not the only Griffinite out there that loves purple and so do my family and friends, I could burn thru a 20/30 card kit in no time!! Hint..Hint! 😀

9. Carol Burnette says:

I hope you will have these beautiful Dresden images on again, I tried ordering by phone and kept getting the wrong item placed in my cart. This is such a lovely card!

10. Maureen Odell says:

Beautiful!! Love all your wonderful tutorials. Great inspiration. PLEASE bring back treasury inks and embossing powder

11. Myrna Hartley says:

Love these tutorials gives us lots of ideas. I love how you fuzzy cute the paper like a pocket. And those nest and how you doubled them to pop.

Thanks for all the ideas.

Hi Anna and Team,

What a beautiful card! I am always amazed at the beautiful and creative ideas you share with your fans. You are beyond generous. See you in March on HSN. Can’t wait.

13. Carol O'Brien says:

I love this card. I have everything except the Birds and the Butterflies so I don’t have the nest. Guess I will be buying those soon.

14. Anne with an "e" says:

Good morning!
    Another beautiful card – thank you for the instruction / inspiration! (I often have trouble layering your designs, as I don’t like to cover any of them up!)
    I’d like to add an item to your product request list: Would it be possible to bring back the set of double-sided tape you offered a while back? [6 rolls, 2 each of three sizes, on a cardboard backing with your signature ivory damask print] I have used mine sparingly, but am running out! Have a great week, all!
    Regards, Anne

15. Annie Laura Pence says:

Fussy cutting is such a super neat way to make the card really personal!
    This card is so bright and cheerful!
    Thanks to Anna and Team

Happy Valentines to all crafters

Aloha Anna! I’ve had a trip to the emergency & hospital. Doing much better, but miss all my friends! So, I’m going to comment on this post & the previous – fan mail Friday. This card today what I love most is the mixture of all the different elements from everywhere in your items! I just love that & how beautiful it is!
    The previous post I don’t have some of those parts, but using the same type pieces I could copy the how to with a whole new look! Fan mail is a blast! Each person is so creative. I love that you received your Australia friend’s Christmas card! Shellie’s card was gorgeous. Now about the paper dolls! I love love love them! I recognize a lot of the dresses you have worn. So, I wonder if Denise could do me a set so I can look like I have a 22inch waist! Haha! Thanks for sharing it all, it’s great! Love you!

17. Kerri says:

I, too, ordered the vintage Easter embellishments as soon as they were available to order and last week they cancelled my order. I was so looking forward to doing my Easter cards with them.

18. Pamela Bear says:

So pretty. Just curious.. did anyone else get a confirmation of an item on the last craft day and then get a notice it was sold out and cancelled. I ordered the vintage Easter embellishments as soon as they were available to order and last week they cancelled my order. So disappointed.

19. Frances McAdams says:

Thank you for your on-going never ending inspiration. One ? Would it be possible to put hook & loop tape instead of scotch tape so we could re-band the envelops & cards once opened?

20. Yocasta says:

Thank you Anna for this amazing card lesson. I love fuzzy cutting so I will definitely enjoy making this card. Can’t wait for your shows in March!

21. Annette Johnson says:

This is such a beautiful card thanks for the how-to. I love having recipes for these beautiful cards.

22. Marla Henry says:

This was a great project and very best to follow. Can’t wait till
    Spring to send it to my mother!

23. Deborah Lanier says:

I need additional folders to add to my binder. Are they available or will you stock them in the future? Thank you for your reply.
    Love the binder!!

24. Barbara Ferris says:

Gorgeous card Anna, thank-you for sharing! I can’t wait for Spring & being able to plant beautiful flowers again!! Hope I can check out @ your Super-sale this year! Have Amazon account, but was unable to check out last year!!

25. cheryl grlj says:

I appreciate all the how to’s on how to make the different cards. Can you offer the foam adhesive squares to sell? I had to use my squares from another kit to use with my Valentine Shaker Card Kit, which did not include the squares, which would have been useful. Thanks.

26. Cindy Hodkevics says:

Love these cards. Have been working on my Easter cards trying to think outside the standard peel and stick. This card with the fussy cut gives me some inspiration.

27. Mary Esser says:

I just want to thank you for showing us how to make these beautiful cards. You make it looks so easy when you make them step by step, I love your teaching. Have a beautiful day.

28. Sharon Abraham says:

This card is just so pretty. I am so happy that you show us ideas on how to use your products. Thanks for everything Anna

29. Yadyra Marrero says:

Anna, once again the card is scrumptious!!.love the 3d bird nest. Thank you for another fabulous tutorial. Im counting down the days for shopping spree!!. Love from NY.

30. Jane Forrest says:

I sure learned a lot from this card. Never thought to emboss the patterned paper. Will be trying this soon.

31. Tina Davis says:

I love this card. It is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!!! Love the butterfly and the bird with the best also. LOVE IT!!!!!!

32. Donna Marie DeGraw says:

I love the step by step. It makes it so easy to make. This week I can’t use my right hand.. I had surgery on it on Friday on my fingers and hand. So just for this week I can’t use my right hand..

Another beautiful card. I love making cards. I also love sharing them with family and friends.

33. Mary White says:

Amazingly beautiful card Anna! Thank you for the tutorial! I am just learning more about fussy cut! Love all your amazing ideas and your inspiration! Thank you! Thank you!

34. Denice with a "c" says:

Hi Anna, Beautiful… (DO YOU MAKE ANOTHER KIND EXCEPT BEAUTIFUL) : ) Can hardly wait for spring … Hurry March… I am so envious of all those getting to participate in the up coming ware house sale. I don’t do credit cards on the computer and I don’t have a clue how to set up any thing on Amazon… No one around me to show me how ….HA HA…. I don’t know if this ol’ gal will ever get comfortable with the electronic gadgets of today. I do email and a little surfing but when it comes to pasting cutting putting pictures on and such , well I just have to pass…. Ha Ha…. I just recently got a phone that would actually text and then had to wait till someone could show me the steps for that…. Ha Ha… oh well, such is life. Just love your dies and stamps and shop on HSN whenever I can. I especially love the surprise auto ships and do what I can afford. Well, I have bent your ear long enough…. Big ol’ Hugs from Georgia….. Denice with a “c”

35. Madeleine Menke says:

Not a fan of fussy cutting BUT this card is too lovely not to give it a go. New to AG so will have to hunt the items used. Putting on my hunting clothes.

36. Joan Wolf says:

Anna this is so beautiful, thanks for the ideas. I get inspiration from them to make them my own. One of my friends i send cards to has them framed and has a collage on her bedroom wall. Could use the Dreden cuts to add to my supplies. must go have atleast 20 cards to make and send out.

37. Doreen says:

So pretty! Forgot about using sandpaper and what an entire different look it can add to a card. Never tried to fussy cut anything but that gives great dimension. Layers and more layers. Beautiful. Thank you for coaching us with your How-To series.

38. Maureen says:

If I have learned nothing from Anna I have learned fussy cutting can change the entire look or make a new look, a look that becomes stunning when completed. You have an extremely talented team and with you as the leader all great things are created. Thank you for your inspiration it makes me try the unknown

39. Angie Kindig says:

Love this!!!! So pretty… and I have most of the Anna Griffin items to make this! I am going to give it a try! Thanks for the inspiration!

40. June Estep says:

sometimes a fussy cut is less time than breaking out the dies and , this looks like an enjoyable way to papercraft. Rewarding effort too, beautiful card.

41. Nancy Itson says:

Very pretty card. Love the techniques used with the bird nest. It makes me excited to see spring soon. Alabama, like all the other states, has seen it’s fair share of winter. This card makes me smile because spring is coming soon!

42. Casey Walters says:

Beautiful card. I am so lucky to live near Rose Miel where I can get the Dresden die cuts and trims whenever I need them. Amazing selection and even prettier in person. The cards Anna shows are the perfect example of how one or two are a beautiful compliment to the amazing papers, die cuts and bows she has available during the shows. Really looking forward to the March show, as well as the warehouse sale.

43. SHARON BOUNDS says:

GOOD MORNING!
    BEAUTIFUL card and I LOVE “fussy cut” I always felt odd about my cutting but you made it ok! Thanks!
    Sharon Bounds

44. Doris Bradley says:

You always make the most beautiful things and make us look so good. What wonderful ideas to try. Thanks Anna for all the beautiful things you bring us all these years. Doris in Texas

45. Gwen Ogburn says:

Anna, oh my goodness; The card is beautiful! I am so excited about the Super Sale that I am counting down the days. Thank you for you do to give us beautiful items to make us happy. My crafting is my occupational therapy. I was looking through the Vintage Bunny Diecuts last night and I was totally amazed by how beautiful they are. I love that you also include the matching layers. So thankful for you Anna and your amazing team.

46. Patricia A May says:

Beautiful card and it is so very delicate.. Looks like it would be fun to make. You are so very amasing with all that you do .. Thanks for sharing again and especially for sharing the item numbers of all the contents you use to make..

47. Jodie says:

Hi Anna. How do you THINK of these techniques? They do jump start my ideas…. Looking forward to the coming attractions and to the sale. Thanks, too, for making a card that feels like a harbinger of spring.