How to: Blooming Decoupage Scrapbook Page

Hello, hello!

We are continuing with our beautiful in the making projects in honor of National Scrapbook Month, and we have an interesting way to take our Blooming Decoupage Card Making Kit and turn it into an amazing, dimensional scrapbook page! Our products are so versatile, and this one is no exception! Want to learn more? Let’s get started!

Blooming Decoupage 12×12 scrapbook page

Materials:

• Anna Griffin Gold/Ivory Cricut Cuttlebug™ Version 3, 510-398
  • Cuttlebug 6”x 13” Adaptor Plates, 474-319
  • Anna Griffin Blooming Decoupage Card Kit, 599-078
  • Anna Griffin Paper Tricks Embossing Folders, 395-853
  • (1) 12”x 12” Piece of pearl metallic cardstock
  • (1) Piece of pink metallic cardstock, cut to 4”x 12”
  • (1) Piece of light blue cardstock, cut to 4”x 12”
  • Photo, cut to 3”x 5”
  • Foam squares
  • Adhesive (tape runner)
  • Hot glue adhesive
  • (5) Pieces of scrap chipboard
  • Scissors

Blooming Decoupage Materials:

• Floral die cut pieces (H, I, L, M)
  • (2) Light blue bows
  • Sentiment sticker
  • Gold embellishment stickers
  • (4) White and pink card bases, cut to 3 ¾” wide
  • (3) White and blue card bases, cut to 3” wide
  • (3) White and yellow card bases, cut to 2 ½” wide
  • (1) Pink patterned card layer
  • (1) Blue patterned card layer, cut to 3 ¼”x 5 ¼”
  • (1) Gold foil layer

Instructions:

1. Using the Cricut Cuttlebug and the small Pleated Rosette folder, emboss the following: 4 strips of the white and pink card bases, cut to 3 ¾”wide.

2. Emboss 3 strips of the white and blue card bases, cut to 3” wide.

3. Emboss 5 strips of the white and yellow card bases, cut to 2 ½” wide.4. Fan fold each. Attach end to end and then form in to a circle. Assemble one rosette in each color. Set 2 white and yellow strips aside.

5. Secure each rosette to a small piece of chipboard using hot glue.

6. Trim the edges of the two remaining white and yellow strips from the center of the longest side to the center of each of the shorter sides.

7. Fan and adhere to the chipboard using hot glue adhesive.

8. Assemble the flowers in the following order:

9. For the largest flower, assemble from bottom to top: L1, L1, L2, L2

10. For the two medium flowers, assemble from bottom to top: M1, H1, H2, M2

11. For the smallest flower, assemble from bottom to top: I1, I2

12. Using a tape runner, assemble the photo and photo border from bottom to top in the following order: gold foil layer, pink patterned layer, blue patterned layer, photo.

Assembly:

1. Using a tape runner, adhere the 4×12 strips of light pink metallic cardstock and the light blue cardstock to the pearl metallic cardstock.

2. Attach the large, pink rosette to the bottom left corner of the layout and secure with foam squares.

3. Add the blue and white rosette to the right side of the layout. Adhere with foam squares.

4. Adhere the yellow and white rosette to the top left corner of the layout. Tuck under the pink and white rosette slightly.

5. Place the largest die-cut flower in the center of the pink and white rosette. Place the medium die cut flowers in the center of the blue and white rosette and the yellow and white rosette.

6. Using foam squares, attach the photo and photo border to the center of the layout.

7. Attach the gold embellishment stickers as shown.

8. Adhere the sentiment sticker and bows to the bottom right corner of the photo.

9. Tuck journaling tag under the photo and secure in place using foam adhesive.

Wow, what a fun way to make your card kit into something completely new and different. Would you like to see more tutorials like this? Let us know what you would like to learn in the comments below!

Bye for now,

1. Donna M. says:

I had to watch you tube to figure out how to use a blog. Here I am. I love anna’s things, sooooo pretty. Learning to use is a fun journey. Keep lovely ideas coming.

2. deborah from TN says:

Anna and Team

I’m thrilled to see these scrapbook layout’s as often as you can post them! Yes please, continue doing this!!

I’m not a scrapbooker myself, have always made cards BUT I have always been inspired by the scrapbook pages from you and others.
    The paper and tools are similar so when we see a Beautiful page like this one, we can always be inspired to make a new card based on what we’ve seen here! Keep’em coming!!!
    Honesty I wish Scrapbooking was still as popular here in the States as it used to be, getting harder to find great papers and dies or tools in stores…. Thank heaven we can depend on Anna & HSN for so many products!

3. Patricia M Gonsalves says:

I have this kit, but haven’t started working with it. After seeing this beautiful card, I’ll be using it this weekend. Thank you Anna for all the great tips you give us.

4. Jodine Adams says:

Have you considered die cut envelope liners for all of your different envelope styles? It would help the envelope becomes part of the thought instead of just the vessel to deliver the card in. Also, coordinated pre-cut envelope dies into your kits I think would be abeautiful addition and finishing touch. Thank you for always considering everyone’s thoughts and ideas!

5. LESLIE RAMSEY says:

Beautiful as usual. Still unpacking my craft stash. I really could open my own store with everything I have. One of my nieces is getting married in January. I want to make her a scrapbook and this is GREAT inspiration.
    Happy Crafting everyone!!

6. Jeanette Elliott says:

Hi Anna! Great tutorial! I am just starting to make rosettes! And they are so easy! Someday I need to get into scrapbooking. Although these would make great cards also! Thank you.

7. Carla says:

How lovely. And different. Why not a small rosette on a Blooming Decoupage card? Going to try that today. Thanks Anna, for yet another great idea. Loving loving my Decoupage kit. Have bought three kits now. Like using pieces from other AG kits. Fun, fun.

8. Bonnie M. Ketterman says:

Hi Anna!!! The scrapbook page is really beautiful. I would love more ideas on scrapbooking. I usually always do cards but I have one I’ve been wanting to do so all the help and ideas are greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for everything. Take care and have a very nice day. Thanks again!!!!

9. Shellie Fontana says:

Thank you for your wonderful “How- Tutorial,” Fairy Craft Mother–your scrapbook page euth Blooming Decoupage is beautiful. The Rosettes are so pretty, FESTIVE, including the ‘winged’ ones tucked in! Please keep the inspiration coming–I always look forward to your BLOG, Anna!

10. Beatrice says:

Anna & staff, I love this scrapbook page design and the step by step instructions. My Dr. daughter is having 1st grandbaby girl & was trying to decide layout for scrapbook page. I love this style rosettes/flowers that I can frame. Just one problem need to save $$ to purchase paper trick dies.

11. Konni ANDIS says:

Would really love tutorials! It’s so easy to get in a creative rut! Your beautiful designs are a breath of fresh creativity! Thanks Anna!

12. Joan Wolf says:

Love the rose buds and would like to see how to make the rosette fans that would go on a card, This is beutiful on crape but would love to incorporate on greeting card. Woud like to see more for men/boys , but some are not into sports but love nature, stars, etc nice to incorporate into a kit. Enjoy allI have, but can alwways need more tips and instruction in the kit, forget all we see when on TV..

13. Donna Sue says:

Yes, I would love more instructions like this for my scrapbooking. I’ve been trying to catch up with my photos. Very pretty.

14. Mary Ann says:

Oh Anna,

Yes, yes, yes……I only scrapbook with all of your lovely folders, dies, and paper. I love when you show scrapbook pages on HSN. I am so inspired by you!

15. Florence Bonney says:

Your Blooming decoupage instructions are helpful (as all of your useful postings…..We crafters are so fortunate to have you as our inspiration…..Thanks again and again……

16. Lana Murphy says:

Love the versatility of your products! And I love that you share so many good ideas with us. Yes, please continue to give us wonderful instruction on beautiful items.

17. Myrna Hartley says:

Love the idea of using three rosettes more is always better.

I would like to see more cards made with kits and other things to add to them besides what is in the kit. Thank you.

18. Nora says:

It’s nice to finally focus on a scrapbook page. I’m not a great fan of making cards. Could you please make some scrapbook page kits to offer us scrapbookers out here? Maybe a kit that has 2-3 (2-page layouts with materials provided) so we can intergrate your beautiful work in our scrapbooks. Just a thought!

19. Maureen Odell says:

Beautiful!! Thank you for another wonderful tutorial.

I would love to see an idea for a teenage boy, or better yet, a boy scout scrapbook page. He camps, and I cannot come up with beauty in the making There has to be others with this same problem.

20. Julianne says:

Would love to know specifically what kind of adhesive was used to attach the rosettes to the page. I wouldn’t think a tape roller has enough to make something that thick stay put.

Thanks much!

21. Lillian Lumachi says:

Love the different sized fan circles… really makes a nice impact on a page! Love it!

22. DEBBY A MIGUES says:

LOVE the rosette they add so much to a page just beautiful .Love every week a new idea to show off our cards and learn new ways.Thank you and your staff .

23. Lynn Smith says:

Anna, as always your craft items and ideas encourage our own talents, however large or small they are, to create such beautiful papercrafts. thank you Anna and Co.

24. Marie Fix says:

I love this!! And yes definitely would like to see more tutorials like this. Great way to start the week.

25. Vicky Michot says:

Love this idea! I have so many card kits I couldn’t possibly use all the cards, so this is perfect. Would love to see more of these 🙂

26. Michelle says:

Anna, I love the rosettes and all the embellishments. Thank you so much for sharing.

27. Bette D says:

Yeaaah! I just went out to HSN and there were the vellum pages like your last blog in prep for the qvcuk show. I just ordered them and thank you for listening. You and your staff are the BEST.

28. Karen Mills says:

Gorgeous page, Loving the Blooming Decoupage Kit. Another excellent idea for scrapbooking or a card. All of your designs are so interchangeable, you can not go wrong with your designs Anna. Bravo!!!!

29. Bonita Neeley says:

Thank you for the learning experience. You give so much by doing things like this for us to learn. A thousand kudooss.
    Thank you again.

30. Diana Durst says:

Beautiful page! Simply lovely! Wonderful ideas! Keep them coming. Thank you for sharing.

31. Lee Jayne says:

Really appreciate creative ideas other than cards for using elements of this wonderful kit. Have given two cards from this kit and gotten rave reviews both times. Thanks for making it so easy to be successful!

32. Susie B says:

Great tutorial – thank you! I am interested in any that you provide, they’re always inspiring!

33. Elaine says:

Delightful scrapbook page and fantastic tutorial! You are always a great source for inspiration!

34. Sandy Christman says:

Love this page! I’m trying to work on a page now for my daughter & I like be this idea. First I have to find my folders to make the rosettes. Lol

35. Lourdes Papac says:

Hi Anna: Thank you so very much for this tutorial. I have all of these supplies and can’t wait to get started on making my own scrapbook page. You have truly inspired me to make scrapbook pages. I’ve been meaning to start my scrapbook for 20 years, but have been busy with cards, and other things. Its about time I start and your pages are so beautiful and inspiring!

36. Veronica Dee Ang says:

The scrapbook page is so creatively done with the rosettes and blooming decoupage embellishments and card layers, thanks Anna #nationalscrapbookingmonth

37. Nicole Craig says:

Hi Anna!
    Lovely page. I like the use of the rosettes. I was just thinking of ways to incorporate rosettes in my projects.

Thanks.
    Nicky – OX

38. Dianne Mcdonald says:

I live this ‘how-to’ project. It gives me so many ideas for variations. But then I love ALL Anna designs.

39. Nancy hulsey says:

Very interesting! I use you products in lots of ways, but can always use new, fresh ideas like this one. Thanks so much.