Today we wanted to dive into a fun way to add color to your embossed images! This project combines the gorgeous Christmas Tree design with 3 vibrant colors from our set of Chameleon Markers. Get out your Christmas Double Gatefold Folders from the October show, and let’s get to crafting! If you don’t have these exquisite holiday embossing folders, you can still get them here. You’ll get 4 beautiful designs, and friends and family will love to receive these interactive cards!
Christmas Double Gatefold
Finished Size: 4”x 5 ½” card
- Anna Griffin® Gold/Ivory Cricut® Cuttlebug™ Version 3 510-398
- Cricut® Cuttlebug™ 6”x 13” A Spacer Plate, 115-2174
- Cricut® Cuttlebug™ 2, 6” x 13” B Adapter Plates, 114, 0198
- Anna Griffin® Holiday Gatefold Embossing Folders, Holiday Tree, 574-338
- Anna Griffin® Baubles and Bells Embossing Folders, Christmas Baubles Border
- Anna Griffin® Holiday Vintage Collage Card Toppers, “Sending Christmas Cheer”
- Anna Griffin® Chameleon Perfect Palette Markers, Red Coral, Evergreen, Warm Sunset, 532-431
- Sentiment embellishment
- 1, 5 ½” 12” piece and 2, 1” x 7” ivory metallic card stock strips
- Adhesive (tape runner)
Emboss the 5 ½” x 12” card stock with the Holiday Tree embossing folder.
Emboss the two strips of 1” x 7” card stock with the Christmas Baubles embossing border folder.
Using the markers, color the embossed tree as shown.
Adhere the Christmas collage topper to the inside of the card.
Close the card and fold the 1” x7” embossed card stock strip around it.
Cut the second strip of embossed card stock to approximately 3” long.
Adhere the strips together to form a band that wraps around the card, securing it closed.
Attach the holiday sentiment to the front of the band with adhesive.
Here are two other examples of how lovely cards made with our Christmas Double Gatefold Folders are!
Aren’t these cards so gorgeous? You can use your Chameleon Markers on all your embossed cards for a pop of color. On Monday, we are doing an exciting project with the Go Press and Foil Machine. Have a wonderful weekend everyone!