In a couple weeks we will start previewing the exciting new items for 24 hour Craft Day on HSN March 7th! Go ahead and mark your calendars for Anna Griffin Elegant Paper Crafting at Midnight, 11am, 12pm, 4pm and 7pm. Plan to join us throughout the whole day for surprises like you have never seen before! HSN will have crafting every week in honor of National Craft Month and we will be back on March 14th for Create it Yourself shows featuring Anna Griffin.
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, and it is an excellent reason to send a handmade card to someone you love! One of our most beloved crafting items is our Window Ledge Dies, and what’s great about them is that you can make a window ledge scene for any occasion!
Get out your crafting supplies and let’s make a sweet card together!
Valentine Window Ledge Collage
Finished Size: 5×7 card
- Anna Griffin® Gold/Ivory Cricut® Cuttlebug™ Version 3, 510-398
- Anna Griffin® Window Ledge Cardmaking Kit and Dies, 546-219
- Anna Griffin® Spring Seasonal Embossing Folders (Ornate Quatrefoil)
- Anna Griffin® Foil Layers Card stock (pink and gold 5”x 7” layer) 405-523
- (1) Piece of gold foil card stock, cut to 4”x 6”
- (1) Piece of light pink metallic card stock, cut to 3”x 5”
- (1) 5” 7” ivory card stock base
- Valentine sentiment
- Foam squares
- Adhesive (tape runner)
- Paper trimmer
Materials from Window Ledge Kit:
- Window frame die
- White and gold window ledge
- White and gold window ledge flourish
- Dog silhouette
- Pink awning
- (2) Pink valances
- (2) Pink floral curtains
- (2) Pink striped curtains
- (2) Roses
- (3) Small pink flowers
Using the Cricut® Cuttlebug™ and Ornate Quatrefoil embossing folder, emboss the light pink metallic card stock.
Using the Cricut® Cuttlebug™ and window frame cutting die, die cut and emboss the gold foil card stock.
Using a tape runner, adhere the pink and gold foil card layer to the ivory card stock base.
Using a tape runner, adhere the window parts in the following order:
- embossed light pink card stock (attach to the center of the card base)
- pink striped curtains (align towards the bottom of the light pink layer)
- pink floral curtains (align towards the bottom of the light pink layer)
- pink valance (align to cover the top of the curtain die cuts)
Attach the cut and embossed gold window frame piece using foam adhesive.
Using foam adhesive, attach the white and gold window ledge.
Attach the dog silhouette poking out the window.
Arrange the rose and flower die cuts weaving through the window and window ledge and adhere with a tape runner.
Attach the gold and white window ledge flourish using a tape runner.
Fold the awning along the score lines and adhere using a tape runner.
Adhere the second valance to the back of the bottom of the awning using a tape runner.
Attach a sentiment to the awning using foam squares.
Now that is a valentine! Have a wonderful week, and join us right here on the blog Friday for another tutorial and Fan Mail Friday! Thank you all so much for all the wonderful mail you send; it really is the highlight of the week!